Child Head Shot

MayndiMayndi Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited August 9, 2005 in People
Well, I tried my hand at a headshot for a mother that I babysit for. She's talented and all, but I'm almost 100% positive she'll never audition for anything. It's just fun trying to convince the little girl I'm taking "modeling shots" when really I'm just having fun with my camera lol. She won't take a picture unless I tell her I'm sending them to a famous person or that I'm going to build a "portfolio" for her.

This shot was taken with no edits, no fake lighting, and no props. It was shot in the kitchen of this girls house against the counter with the sunlight barely beaming in. Here's how it turned out. Not sure if I'm proud of it or not.

a1leuw.jpg

Now you're really gonna crap. She's only 4! Doesn't she look SOO much older in this pic? Yikes!
Now come on. I know you love :lust me. What are you waiting for?
"i never knew until the world was my inspiration, and these walls were my canvas"
Hidilia Carpenter
1/3/32 - 12/28/04

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2005
    I think this shot is sharper then the other two posted but it is still soft. She sure is a little poser isn't she. I'm glad you have such a willing model.

Nick
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2005
    Mayndi wrote:
    She won't take a picture unless I tell her I'm sending them to a famous person or that I'm going to build a "portfolio" for her.
    Maybe you should build her a portfolio, she would absolutely love it. If you use iPhoto you could make her a photo book. Check out this link

or for more options check out this thread [thread]15550[/thread]

Nick
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • MayndiMayndi Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2005
    gluwater wrote:
    I think this shot is sharper then the other two posted but it is still soft. She sure is a little poser isn't she. I'm glad you have such a willing model.

Nick
    thank ya nick. like i said, i was showing these without software edits, i was showing how the natural light in her house worked out. thank ya again though
    Now come on. I know you love :lust me. What are you waiting for?
    "i never knew until the world was my inspiration, and these walls were my canvas"
    Hidilia Carpenter
    1/3/32 - 12/28/04
  • DeeLibDeeLib Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2005
    The best thing you could do with this picture is crop out the cleavage. She's abit young to have it! Other than that, it's a great shot!clap.gif
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited August 9, 2005
    It's a nice looking head shot. With a little contrast adjustment maybe some
    treatment for the eyes, it'd be great.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2005
    How Old.
    Ummm. Four eh? Before I thought I couldn't guess kid's's ages, now I know I can't. But yes, worth a portfolio for her, she deserves it.