4396977087_7245677ca8_b.jpg

4396982283_c2fdd2ae53_b.jpg

4396977763_600dbd5272_b.jpg

4396977473_2e3c51188e_b.jpg

4397746032_6d82762ba8_b.jpg

Comments

• KerrBearKerrBear Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2010
    Any comments? I was really trying to work against centering items. I was using the sunset for lighting and trying different angles. The last picture I should have zoomed out more so that the diagonal lines made by the flagpoles wouldn't have been cut short.
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2010
    I like the first one quite a bit thumb.gif

Black birds can be tough to photograph, and if you choose to go the silhouette road then I think you need to find a way to include a profile of the beak --otherwise the bird looks "faceless". That's why (at least for me) the rest of the images don't work for me as well as the first one does.

Just my two cents.
    I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
    Website / Flickr
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 2, 2010
    invisible wrote:
    I like the first one quite a bit thumb.gif

Black birds can be tough to photograph, and if you choose to go the silhouette road then I think you need to find a way to include a profile of the beak --otherwise the bird looks "faceless". That's why (at least for me) the rest of the images don't work for me as well as the first one does.

Just my two cents.

15524779-Ti.gif I would add that any silhouette looks better with a colorful background. You got that in the last one, but missed the beak.

Keep shooting. thumb.gif
  • wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2010
    I just noticed the real birds near the tail of the big bird, which adds an element of cool to the shot. You have a good idea going here ... which will provide you with other opportunities down the road, you will make it work.
    edited March 4, 2010
    Will photoshop assist on the "faceless-ness" of the bird?
    edited March 4, 2010
    wendell wrote:
    I just noticed the real birds near the tail of the big bird, which adds an element of cool to the shot. You have a good idea going here ... which will provide you with other opportunities down the road, you will make it work.

Actaully, I didn't notice them when I took the photo but did after I uploaded them. It does add a nice element to the picture. :)
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 4, 2010
    KerrBear wrote:
    Will photoshop assist on the "faceless-ness" of the bird?

Not with these. You didn't expose for the black and if you try to boost the deep shadows the noise will likely be unacceptable.