What's The Best Software?

MayndiMayndi Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited August 5, 2005 in Finishing School
Does anyone know what the best editing software is out there and where I can find it? Thanks!
Now come on. I know you love :lust me. What are you waiting for?
"i never knew until the world was my inspiration, and these walls were my canvas"
Hidilia Carpenter
1/3/32 - 12/28/04

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2005
    Hey Mayndi, don't be upset when this gets moved to a more appropriate forum where it will get a better response.

Maybe Accessories or Digital Darkroom Gear.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2005
    Mayndi wrote:
    Does anyone know what the best editing software is out there and where I can find it? Thanks!

mayndi, in photography there's very little that's "best." what you'll find, is that people gravitate to a few tried and true products.

lower budget:

adobe photoshop elements and corel paintshop pro, both well under $100.

adobe has more users and is the market leader - but paintshop pro has many fans, and is an excellent program.

most folks that use anything other than these two programs use full adobe photoshop cs, which can be a bit pricey if you're a first time buyer. but, it's the gold standard for photo editing.

of course, there's the gimp, also, a freeware program that has its' own following.

you can search dgrin on any of these, and also visit their websites by googling.

once you've done some research, come back to us with specific questions, and you'll find that we can help you better deal.gif good luck!