I'm tired of winter....

phillybikeboyphillybikeboy Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited March 1, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Mediocre shot at best, but this at least makes me feel warmer.

ocnj_08222009.jpg

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    I love this shot!
    The converstion is a little crazy--but I like it.

I like the teeny tiny figures in the background eaten up by the mist/fog--just a cool shot.

Works for me.thumb.gif
    Liz A.
    _________
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    I love this shot!
    The converstion is a little crazy--but I like it.

I like the teeny tiny figures in the background eaten up by the mist/fog--just a cool shot.

Works for me.thumb.gif

Well, it desperately needs something going on in the foreground, or middle distance. But the horizontal lines, and mist, do give it something. And as the photographer notes, it does help cut the winter chill. clap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    I'd sorta would feel warmer, if it was in color !
  • phillybikeboyphillybikeboy Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    bfjr wrote:
    I'd sorta would feel warmer, if it was in color !

In most cases I'm all about the color, but for this one, the only thing that could make me like it less would be color. In color the haze (spray from the huge surf whipped up by Hurricane Bill, and really the only interesting part of the shot) is more prominent, but it's kind of a murky gray blob. It's only when I drop it to black and white, and process the shite out of it that all those people amidst the mist stand out. Like I said, a mediocre shot.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    In most cases I'm all about the color, but for this one, the only thing that could make me like it less would be color. In color the haze (spray from the huge surf whipped up by Hurricane Bill, and really the only interesting part of the shot) is more prominent, but it's kind of a murky gray blob. It's only when I drop it to black and white, and process the shite out of it that all those people amidst the mist stand out. Like I said, a mediocre shot.

Yeah I hear ya. Had to do that with a landscape recently rolleyes1.gif and mine can't
    even get to Mediocre :D