Kelsi and Smarties

Jeremy_22Jeremy_22 Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
edited March 1, 2010 in People
Applied using eyelash glue. Lit with a beauty dish as main, reflector below and giant octa as the background.

Kelsi-IMG_5956-800.jpg

Comments

• heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    Fun! Strange! She looks like she might be on star trek or something.

I like the wrap... it is just the perfect amount for this photo. Just to get it straight... were you shooting into the octa?
  • Jeremy_22Jeremy_22 Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    Fun! Strange! She looks like she might be on star trek or something.

I like the wrap... it is just the perfect amount for this photo. Just to get it straight... were you shooting into the octa?

Yes. Octabox was behind the subject pointed at me. We did have the octabox feathred a bit upward. It's the PCB giant octa. This would be even better if I had a 5' or 7' octa - as I could angle it up toward the ceiling even further to cut down on the flare.

Scott Kelby has a great shot and pullback on his blog from months back. Google "scott kelby blog beauty" and it will come right up.
  • nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    I love it. It is a fantastic shot.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    OH My gosh! I love it!! I have always wanted to try a candy shoot after seeing it on America's Next Top Model..
    Courtney
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    This is seriously cool. bowdown.gifthumb

How do you prevent getting massive flare when you're shooting straight at the light - even feathered upwards as you say... what else did you do to avoid hazing the shot?
  • Jeremy_22Jeremy_22 Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    divamum wrote:
    This is seriously cool. bowdown.gifthumb

How do you prevent getting massive flare when you're shooting straight at the light - even feathered upwards as you say... what else did you do to avoid hazing the shot?

I had the lens hood on which really helped.Used her to block light. Had to work it in post to increase the contrast.