Yes!

BackdoctorBackdoctor Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited March 1, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Got to see Yes in concert last night. I saw them over 10 yrs ago last, then in the late 1970"s a few times. Took my Nikon P90. I shot at 400, 800 and 1600 iso. The 400 and 800 are more useable. Still, hard to get sharp shots when at full zoom as this has the equivalent of over 630mm on a 35mm camera, and I was shooting at low shutter speeds. Had VR on, so here are a few i PP'd.

original.jpg
original.jpg
original.jpg
original.jpg

Here's a couple shots from 1978-9

original.jpg

original.jpg

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    Oh how time flies, when your having :D....

1st and 3rd stand out for me
  • BackdoctorBackdoctor Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    These guys musta had a LOT of fun, they didnt age well..lol

At first I was nervous about shooting, but people were firing flashes and just holding up cameras and shooting using LCD's. So I started to fire away. There were issues with mic stands in the way, changing lighting, etc.

I probably COULD have got up and wandered about, and towards the end we were all standing right up by the stage, but I was with my girlfriend and didnt like the idea of abandoning her. My LCD tilts so I was shooting some from above head, but it makes for shakier shots. I tried to avoid the 1600 iso as its just not that great, wish I had my D300 with me at this time.

We are going to see The Moody Blues on friday, but a different venue. Will "sneak" the camera in again see how it goes from there. I may try more 1600 iso and meter to the right, but with the lighting here if I do that, there will be hot spots on the foreheads and guitar bodies. If I shot to preserve the highlights I got faster shutter speeds, but lots of shadows. Since this body does not shoot raw, not as easy to rescue detail.

bfjr wrote:
    Oh how time flies, when your having :D....

1st and 3rd stand out for me
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    Backdoctor wrote:
    These guys musta had a LOT of fun, they didnt age well..lol

At first I was nervous about shooting, but people were firing flashes and just holding up cameras and shooting using LCD's. So I started to fire away. There were issues with mic stands in the way, changing lighting, etc.

I probably COULD have got up and wandered about, and towards the end we were all standing right up by the stage, but I was with my girlfriend and didnt like the idea of abandoning her. My LCD tilts so I was shooting some from above head, but it makes for shakier shots. I tried to avoid the 1600 iso as its just not that great, wish I had my D300 with me at this time.

We are going to see The Moody Blues on friday, but a different venue. Will "sneak" the camera in again see how it goes from there. I may try more 1600 iso and meter to the right, but with the lighting here if I do that, there will be hot spots on the foreheads and guitar bodies. If I shot to preserve the highlights I got faster shutter speeds, but lots of shadows. Since this body does not shoot raw, not as easy to rescue detail.

Limitations aside, you got a very nice batch of concert shots.clap.gifclap.gif And, no, they have not aged well. :D
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • BackdoctorBackdoctor Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    Here are a few more I recently pp'd

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Oliver Wakeman is a chip off the old block. Howe and Squire, while not aging well, can still play. Great concert.