Night Photography, etc. in the North Cascades

TharhawkTharhawk Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
edited March 5, 2010 in Landscapes

_DSC3414.jpg

_DSC3405.jpg

For a week, I headed deep into the north cascades. I've posted stories before and a few of you have enjoyed them. Here is a story and photos on my past trip for those who care to read about it.

http://cascadecrusades.org/SkiMountaineering/pickettraverse/pickettraverse2010/pickets2010.htm

Otherwise, here are a few more pics from the trip to enjoy and a few others I've taken in the last week or so.

_DSC3049.jpg

_DSC3081.jpg

_DSC3225.jpg

4382593331_1d876b2dd1_o.jpg

_DSC3696.jpg
And from yesterday.

4397541528_70d85f06a5_o.jpg
More photos: www.alpinestateofmind.com
Ski Mountaineering stories: www.cascadecrusades.org
Jason Hummel photography on:
FACEBOOK

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    Yeow!! That last shot rivals anything I've seen in magazines, advertisements, etc. Fantastic catch!

I love your mountain portraits, too, of course. Not portrait of people on mountains, but your images of the distinct faces of the rocks themselves. thumb.gif
  • TharhawkTharhawk Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    schmoo wrote:
    Yeow!! That last shot rivals anything I've seen in magazines, advertisements, etc. Fantastic catch!

I love your mountain portraits, too, of course. Not portrait of people on mountains, but your images of the distinct faces of the rocks themselves. thumb.gif

Thanks Schmoo. What I need to do...since I'm unemployed...is figure out how to get more published. I've gotten a few lately, which has been cool...including a cover, which was my first and very awesome, but I still don't know much about publishing. I've just been working on improving my photo taking skills. But dang, I lost 200 dollars worth of camera gear on this trip alone! The mountains are hard on cameras. Laughing.gif. But dang, I sure do enjoy it.
    FACEBOOK
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    that last shot....

dude...
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • RobYatRobYat Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    Very nice...#'s 2 and 3 are Awesome. #7 is a great one to! Looks like you are taking advantage to the time off. Good luck with the unemployment!
  • Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    Tharhawk wrote:
    but I still don't know much about publishing.

You should consider making a trip to the Outdoor Retail show in Vegas! Years ago I used to go and carry a portfolio to show all the retailers. If they liked the work they would hand out lots of gear and then buy pictures for publication in the future. Your shots look like they would be perfectthumb.gif
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2010
    I love these shots, I wish you success making a career out of it - there's certainly nothing wrong with the quality, 5 and 8 specifically are spectacular. I enjoyed the story too. You ski mountaineers make the rest of us look like wimps :D
  • DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2010
    I agree... That last shot... WOW!!! Perfect!!thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2010
    bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif Not too many people can make Ron look like a wimp rolleyes1.gif

All of these are heavenly gorgeous. I could not pick a favorite.bowdown.gifbowdown.gifclap.gifclap.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

Did I mention that I really like these.:D
  • TharhawkTharhawk Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2010
    Thanks everyone. This trip/climb was one of the most amazing I've been on. During this trip, we crossed one of the most wild and remote ranges in the lower 48. It was pretty incredible to be out there.

Thanks Marc. I'll have to mark that off on my calendar and get down there.
    FACEBOOK
  • kitvankitvan Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2010
    WOW. :jawdrop

Awesome stuff, man! Beautiful mountain photography iloveyou.gif
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 5, 2010
    These are fantastic. thumb.gif I hope you sell them!

Ana
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    Great set! The two nighttime shots are cool but my favorite is #3...you have great detail in the shadowed portion of the mountain.