Options

Odd Photoshop file behavior...I think?

net1994net1994 Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
edited March 4, 2010 in Finishing School
Okay, so while I have used Photoshop for a few years now, It was all self taught-which for PSP can be brutal. Anyway I just started saving my 'master' files in PSD format, where as I would normally do a 16 bit TIFF. But after saving my photos (as a PSD, TIFF and JPG versions) the folder where they reside had exact duplicates of the same exact file. One the original and the next the same file name with the #2 at the end. i.e.
bigg.PSD
bigg_2.PSD

This also happens for any TIFF or JPEG. Anyone know why its doing this? What am I doing wrong. Thats wasting a lot of space.

Another oddity (and its probably me) is when I open a PSD with layers and try to make any quick changes before printing. If I want to change Levels for instance, I can't! Ever heard of this?

Thanks!!
Candy For Your Eyes @ Paint By Pixels

http://www.paintbypixels.com

Comments

• Options
    net1994net1994 Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2010
    Anyone?
    Candy For Your Eyes @ Paint By Pixels

http://www.paintbypixels.com
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited March 4, 2010
    net1994 wrote:
    Anyone?

Yes, this does sound odd, but I think we need a little more information about your workflow. Tell us step-by-step what you are doing starting from the camera and ending up with the duplicate files.

ear.gif
  • Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    net1994 wrote:
    Another oddity (and its probably me) is when I open a PSD with layers and try to make any quick changes before printing. If I want to change Levels for instance, I can't! Ever heard of this?

This could happen if you try to select the Levels command but something like an adjustment layer is selected, or no layer is selected. Verify that the image layer you actually want to adjust is selected in the Layers palette before continuing.
  • Options
    EOS_JDEOS_JD Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    If you select the images and move the mouse, copies can easily be made in error.