RuntscalRuntscal Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
edited March 2, 2010 in Bug Reporting
Okay -- this is for my daughters smugmug at

http://ads-n-ash.smugmug.com

Navbar
Galleries

Vacations
New Orleans

Quick Setting is original ---- images are showing square. Cannot for the life of me get them to change to original. Have even tried creating a new album
with original as setting and then moving images from the old album to the new.

Any ideas?

Also
I noticed something else related to the virtual galleries/keywords etc.

I know now that the virtual gallery retains the settings from the original gallery.

However, before I realized this
I pulled in images set to original
but I set the new virtual gallery to square. It changed the images in the virtual gallery to square and changed those images to square in the original
gallery too. It didn't look so hot in the original gallery. So I had to go back & change them both to original to clean it up.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    Runtscal wrote:
    Okay -- this is for my daughters smugmug at

http://ads-n-ash.smugmug.com

Navbar
    Galleries

Vacations
    New Orleans

Quick Setting is original ---- images are showing square. Cannot for the life of me get them to change to original. Have even tried creating a new album
    with original as setting and then moving images from the old album to the new.

Any ideas?

Also
    I noticed something else related to the virtual galleries/keywords etc.

I know now that the virtual gallery retains the settings from the original gallery.

However, before I realized this
    I pulled in images set to original
    but I set the new virtual gallery to square. It changed the images in the virtual gallery to square and changed those images to square in the original
    gallery too. It didn't look so hot in the original gallery. So I had to go back & change them both to original to clean it up.
    In the gallery did you try this?

Tools > Many Photos > More > Adjust Thumbnails
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 2, 2010
    The gallery setting only really changes the new uploads currently. The tools option does work. I have a bug in for the gallery setting. thumb.gif
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2010
    Well Duh! I had never noticed that option before. It worked fine.

However, I'm still surprised that creating a new gallery with original checked in the settings and moving photos (retained the square from the old gallery) - even though the old gallery was also set to original. Maybe Doc's bug report will take care of that.

Appreciate it Allen!

Allen wrote:
    In the gallery did you try this?

Tools > Many Photos > More > Adjust Thumbnails
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2010
    Hmmmm! I didn't know that. Thanks Doc! I assume the bug you have in will also take care of the virtual gallery issue.

Appreciate it. Monica

docwalker wrote:
    The gallery setting only really changes the new uploads currently. The tools option does work. I have a bug in for the gallery setting. thumb.gif