Options

Photo book printing - commercial project

kijanakijana Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited March 2, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi there,

I am interested in creating my first coffee table book on African safari and would like to sell copies online. I have looked at Blurb, Lulu, etc. While useful and precisely what I am looking for, I find their printing service to be expensive for bulk/commercial printing. I am looking for reputable/reliable printing shops cheaper than Blurb - not sure if i'll be able to find one but worth a try.

Does anyone have experience printing their books abroad in places like China. Curious if it is cheaper to print abroad (while taking into consideration the logistics cost). I you did seek services in China or India, I would appreciate if you can share your experience.

Thanks and apologies if this has been asked in the forums before. I am new to the forum, did my search, and only found one thread on this topic which dates back to 2006.

Cheers!
-Kijana

Comments

• Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2010
    Kijana,

It has always been less expensive to print overseas, but you still need to fire up the press, which will require a min order usually larger than most self publishers want or can sell. Although, with the printing industry going down the tubes you might be able to get some great deals on low quantity high qualitydeal.gif
    There are printing brokers in many large cities that can help you find a good press.
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2010
    Hi Kijana,

I'm moving this post to the Business forum so you can get more eyes. I'm sure there are people there who can better answer your questions. Good luck!