Found: Owner's Manual - EOS 30D

bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
edited March 7, 2010 in House of Canon
I am looking for the original owners manual for a Canon 30D. Please let me know if you have one that I can take off your hands. (I do not want one on CD or a photocopied version.) Thank you!
Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw

Comments

• scottgee1scottgee1 Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2010
    Have you checked with Canon's accessories sales? They usually have back copies of manuals, particularly recent ones.
  • bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2010
    scottgee1 wrote:
    Have you checked with Canon's accessories sales? They usually have back copies of manuals, particularly recent ones.

No, I have not done that, but I will now. Thanks for the suggestion, I had assumed they would try to send me a PDF version.

(Still happy to purchase a copy from someone here as well......)
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
    edited March 3, 2010
    Not sure about that; let us know.

If you're in the U.S., the contact number is:

800-828-4040
    edited March 3, 2010
    scottgee1 wrote:
    Not sure about that; let us know.

If you're in the U.S., the contact number is:

800-828-4040

I just got off the phone with Canon and what they offer is a photocopied version of the 30D manual on 8 1/2 X 11" paper. 4-6 weeks for delivery of said photocopies as well....

I went ahead and told her to send me that version - but I would like to continue the search for the actual manual in bound format.
  • SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2010
    edited March 3, 2010

Are you telling me here to use Google to find a manual?

Thanks for the reply, but that does not get me a bound, original 30D manual.....I need to find someone that has an original in hand and purchase it from them. I want this for a number of reasons not the least of which is so that when I sell the body it can go with it....
  • jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2010
    Isn't the PDF version available on Canon's website? You can then print your own copy at Staples or OfficeMax. They can bind it for you also.

I may have a copy of the PDF somewhere, if you cannot find it from Canon.
    Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
    (use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)
    edited March 3, 2010
    jchin wrote:
    Isn't the PDF version available on Canon's website? You can then print your own copy at Staples or OfficeMax. They can bind it for you also.

I may have a copy of the PDF somewhere, if you cannot find it from Canon.

Yeah - Canon is sending me a photo-copied version. But I want the original as well if I can find it....
    edited March 7, 2010
    Called Canon on Thursday and they said that they would be sending me a photocopied version of the 30D manual in "4-6 weeks". Two days later ( in today's mail) an envelope from Canon shows up with a pristine original bound 30D manual inside.

Bravo and thank you Canon! (I was very cordial with the lady that took my call, I think that she hooked me up somehow!) Pays to be nice to people on the phone I guess.
    edited March 7, 2010
    bauerman wrote:
    Pays to be nice to people on the phone I guess.
    Definitely! Assume they'll do the Right Thing and give 'em a chance to do it!

I suspect a lot of folks who answer phones all day get bored with it or fed up with people who treat them badly. A caller who is pleasant and upbeat may get a more positive response.

Glad to hear you got what you wanted! thumb.gif