Options

Engagement pictures

PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
edited August 8, 2005 in Weddings
My sister-in-law asked me to take her engagement portraits, so last weekend I rented a Canon 28-70 2.8L lens and 550EX flash and went to work. Here are some of my favorites. The rest of the ones I selected for her are at http://garabetian.smugmug.com/gallery/711629/. This is my first "official" photo shoot of any kind, so please don't hold back on critique. I know some of them have some lighting issues. Nonetheless, it was very fun!

31081453-L.jpg

31081462-L.jpg

31081477-L.jpg

31081490-L.jpg

31081561-L.jpg

31081580-L.jpg

31081594-L.jpg

31081613-L.jpg

31081651-L.jpg

31081679-L.jpg

31081688-L.jpg

31081691-L.jpg

31081692-L.jpg

31081703-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2005
    Some of them could have benefited from a reflector and/or some more fill flash. Awesome location and you captured the subject well in a variety of poses, which will give them plenty of choices. Overall, a good set.
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2005
    I really like the black and white. The only other comment is that there seems to be a variety of skin tones for the guy. You might want to strive for consistency there. Likely an issue of white balance.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2005
    They look really good to me. I agree about the lighting on many of them. Not placing them in areas of mixed shadow & direct sunlight would have made your job easier. You also have to consider how they will cast shadows on each other. A reflector for fill would have helped, but this is difficult without an assistant. Great job under the circumstances.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2005
    [font=&quot]Thanks for the feedback! I actually brought a white foamcore board as a reflector and asked my wife to assist. Let's just say my wife wasn't really into the idea of assisting. Unfortunately, the reflector plan didn't work out. I love my wife with all my heart, but I'll never ask her to be my photography assistant again. The good news is I have another sister-in-law who is a talented graphic artist and very eager to assist me next time.[/font]
  • Options
    ssersser Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2005
    good shots I agree about the sunlight tho but definately the B/W and the 6th one are great shots! It really shows how much they love eachother.
  • Options
    binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2005
    those are just great shots, they'll be very happy.
  • Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2005
    Edit... it's all in the eye of the monitor. :P