Final Arrest

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited March 4, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Since concert photography seems to be acceptable as part of this forum I thought I'd post a little photojournalism (I think maybe) of The Police's final performance at MSG in August 2008. I think they work but that may just be the fan in me speaking.

802261149_uqySe-L.jpg

802263954_yQ3Lh-L.jpg

728485783_eDHpb-L.jpg
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    verrry nice
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    verrry nice

Awww Andy. :smooch I think I've got some crowd shots that include a certain blonde near and dear to your heart. iloveyou.gif
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer

patti hinton photography
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    Very cool--I like #3 the most.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited March 4, 2010
    Very cool--I like #3 the most.

Thanks Liz. From a music history standpoint I thought these might qualify as photojournalism shots but, as a big fan, I'm not likely objective enough. The learning curve is neverending but lots of fun.

patti hinton photography
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    Patti wrote:
    Thanks Liz. From a music history standpoint I thought these might qualify as photojournalism shots but, as a big fan, I'm not likely objective enough. The learning curve is neverending but lots of fun.

Wonderful shots Patti - As to these not constituting photo journalism because you can't be objective, as I tell my students in both writing a photo classes, objectivity is a myth. In fact, there is no such thing as objectivity. We bring our entire history - all our prior experiences, all our prejudices, all our beliefs, our entire education, all our likes and dislikes, to each and every assignment. We can never hope to be objective. All we can ever hope to be - what we must strive to be - is honest and fair. thumb.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    bdcolen wrote:
    I tell my students in both writing a photo classes, objectivity is a myth. In fact, there is no such thing as objectivity. We bring our entire history - all our prior experiences, all our prejudices, all our beliefs, our entire education, all our likes and dislikes, to each and every assignment. We can never hope to be objective. All we can ever hope to be - what we must strive to be - is honest and fair. thumb.gif
    nod.gif
    edited March 4, 2010
    bdcolen wrote:
    Wonderful shots Patti - As to these not constituting photo journalism because you can't be objective, as I tell my students in both writing a photo classes, objectivity is a myth. In fact, there is no such thing as objectivity. We bring our entire history - all our prior experiences, all our prejudices, all our beliefs, our entire education, all our likes and dislikes, to each and every assignment. We can never hope to be objective. All we can ever hope to be - what we must strive to be - is honest and fair. thumb.gif

Thanks bd. I'll stop beating myself up.rolleyes1.gif

patti hinton photography