AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited March 9, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Crop dusting isn't for the faint of heart......:D

801963716_5sLep-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    It looks like that SUV is about to get DOUSED!
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    bauerman wrote:
    It looks like that SUV is about to get DOUSED!

Thanks for commenting......The compression from the telephoto lens made it look a little closer than it was .........:Dazzaro
  • bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    I know someone that crop dusted after WWII as he was a pilot in the war and did not know what else to do when he returned from his tour of duty. He has some stories that you would not believe and he gave up the profession after after a close encounter with a power line.

I think that these guys and their services are becoming more a thing of the past so its great to document them when we can.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    I used to watch those guys work in the San Joaquin Valley. They shut off the spray, head straight up, drop down and do it again, and again, and again,... beautifully insane. Nice capture.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    It is amazing how they can fly the way they do. Love to ride with them just once :D definitely would be a tummy turner.

Good catch there Azzaro. Gotta wonder tho how safe that stuff is that they're spraying. What kind of fields are they spraying?
    edited March 9, 2010
    wfeller wrote:
    I used to watch those guys work in the San Joaquin Valley. They shut off the spray, head straight up, drop down and do it again, and again, and again,... beautifully insane. Nice capture.

-

Thanks for the comment ....wfeller :Dazzaro
    edited March 9, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    It is amazing how they can fly the way they do. Love to ride with them just once :D definitely would be a tummy turner.

Good catch there Azzaro. Gotta wonder tho how safe that stuff is that they're spraying. What kind of fields are they spraying?

He was spraying a field on the other side of a 4 lane hwy so I'm not sure what the crop was. Thanks for looking and the comment......azzro:D
    edited March 9, 2010
    bauerman wrote:
    I know someone that crop dusted after WWII as he was a pilot in the war and did not know what else to do when he returned from his tour of duty. He has some stories that you would not believe and he gave up the profession after after a close encounter with a power line.

I think that these guys and their services are becoming more a thing of the past so its great to document them when we can.

When I was really young (like 50 years ago) I and a couple of other guys had a crop duster. One of the guys hit a tree with it. Managed to keep it in the air. We went out of the business...... :D azzaro