Team and League sports

ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
edited May 14, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
For those of you that shoot team and league sports, specifically the type where you shoot like 10 teams in a day and have order envelopes and all that. Do you incorporate a model release onto the money envelope so that you can reuse the images in your marketing? I wouldn't think a blanket release from the league would work...
Chester Bullock
Lakewood, Colorado, USA
My Pictures | My blog
Facebook | Twitter

Comments

• jnorthcraftjnorthcraft Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited March 7, 2010
    I have been keeping my eye on just that as my oldest has been getting into more sports. I have actually seen small, very small statements in the contract per sae with the league that images may be taken and used for marketing etc. I think it would be worth a discussion with the league, if your working with one and just because I like to cover all bases it can't hurt to disclose that information in the packet as well.

-J
  • ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    I am trying to finalize agreements with a few of the local associations (I used to coach for one of them). At the moment, I am inclined to put a generic statement block at the bottom of the order form (using Black River Imaging for their order envelopes and sports package services) that will include a statement (with opt-out) about using their image for promotional reasons. Some people here really object to that (my wife being one of them), so I think it would be a good thing to include. At the moment, just glad I have my package info together and proposals out. I know I can do this better than Lifetouch, and at pricepoints that are less expensive and give more value to the families. Even doing that, the margins look REALLY nice on the higher end packages, and more than reasonable on the lower end ones.
    Chester Bullock
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    My Pictures | My blog
    Facebook | Twitter
  • ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2010
    Got my full array of samples from Black River today and I love the quality. I gave parents the option of pre-ordering with a credit card online, and have had a few of those already (I expect more tomorrow). I shoot 20 teams on Sunday, and have my wife and kids helping out. Going to be interesting, but at least the weather is supposed to be perfect (first day this week it will be). Kinda nervous, kinda excited to see how well we do...
    Chester Bullock
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    My Pictures | My blog
    Facebook | Twitter