1st attempt at people shoot...

Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
edited March 7, 2010 in People
So the photog I intern for and his employee went to Seattle to work on some edgy type senior portraits with use of some flashes. I also rented a 24-70 2.8 to test it out if I want to purchase it. In regaurds to that I loved the lens but the copy I rented was kinda broke. Anyways here are some I got from the day. Let me know what you think! I would love some C & C's!

_DSC0066ed.jpg

DSC0024ed.jpg

_DSC0002ed.jpg

_DSC0016ed.jpg

_DSC0039ed.jpg

_DSC0041ed.jpg

_DSC0062ed.jpg

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    very well done. I especially like the processing! thumb.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    Qarik wrote:
    very well done. I especially like the processing! thumb.gif

Thank you! ya I thought the processing turned out pretty good. I noticed you have a 24-70 2.8. Do you have any problems with the zoom ring being stiff? I thought it produced some awesome colors, but I think the one I rented had been dropped and may have caused it to be a tad soft and the zoom ring was crazy hard to rotate at times.
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    I LOVE #3, but it is a tiny bit dark, that is my favorite. perhaps just a bit of light PP on her face would improve it in my eyes.
    I like them all, does this girl have great bone structure or what? Looks a bit like Jessica Biel.

I also like 7 ! My nit here is that her face is much darker than her inner arm and that looks odd even though that is pretty much the truth , considering makeup etc. In this case I think it would be best to just change the pose, or maybe a B&W conversion.

LOVE the comp. and lines in 3,5,6 & 7. Nice PP as well!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
    edited March 4, 2010
    VayCayMom wrote:
    I LOVE #3, but it is a tiny bit dark, that is my favorite. perhaps just a bit of light PP on her face would improve it in my eyes.
    I like them all, does this girl have great bone structure or what? Looks a bit like Jessica Biel.

I also like 7 ! My nit here is that her face is much darker than her inner arm and that looks odd even though that is pretty much the truth , considering makeup etc. In this case I think it would be best to just change the pose, or maybe a B&W conversion.

LOVE the comp. and lines in 3,5,6 & 7. Nice PP as well!

Well thank you for the kind words! I will look at lightening her face a tad on #3. I totally agree with the under arm being really white. I didnt notice it as much until i posted them up. Im honestly just glad someone liked them! After 100 looks and hardly any posts I got kinda nervous!
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    Thank you! ya I thought the processing turned out pretty good. I noticed you have a 24-70 2.8. Do you have any problems with the zoom ring being stiff? I thought it produced some awesome colors, but I think the one I rented had been dropped and may have caused it to be a tad soft and the zoom ring was crazy hard to rotate at times.

never had an issue with a stiff zoom ring on mine.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • JDEORTAJDEORTA Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    Great shot! #3 is my fav
    Jose D.
    Canon 40D
    EF 28-135 IS USM
    Speedlight 580EX II

www.deortaphotography.com
  • nickeverettnickeverett Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    #5 appears to have a white glow around her legs. Is this fixable?
  • TangoJulietTangoJuliet Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    I really like the feel of number 7, but her right arm looks dis-embodied and the color doesn't match her face. If her arm had been resting on her knee it would have been better I think, otherwise it'd be my favorite.
    edited March 5, 2010
    #5 appears to have a white glow around her legs. Is this fixable?

I will take a gander at that when I get home today!
    edited March 5, 2010
    I really like the feel of number 7, but her right arm looks dis-embodied and the color doesn't match her face. If her arm had been resting on her knee it would have been better I think, otherwise it'd be my favorite.

Ya someone had something about the color a few posts ago and I never noticed it until after I posted it. I will see if I can do a curves layer to get it dialed in.
    edited March 7, 2010
    So no other comments about them? I take it in most peoples eyes these aren't good. The only way I can learn is from my peers, but I cant learn unless you tell me what I should work on.