• Options
    thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    Added another image from the day in original post. thumb.gif
    Travis
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    I looked at the first image this morning but didn't have time to gather my thoughts and comment. It's very good. The second image doesn't work for me. It's cute and all that and she has gorgeous eyes, but nah. The two together are disconcerting somehow.
  • Options
    KerrBearKerrBear Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    michswiss wrote:
    I looked at the first image this morning but didn't have time to gather my thoughts and comment. It's very good. The second image doesn't work for me. It's cute and all that and she has gorgeous eyes, but nah. The two together are disconcerting somehow.

I don't agree. I think they work together. Mother is away. She's currently on "vacation" from the kiddos even if it's just in her mind. The little girl is gazing at mommy, wondering where she has wandered off to and is probably ready to asking Mommy for something and rip her away from her vacation.

The second photo is my favorite but I love the expression on Mom cause I've sooo been there.
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2010
    michswiss wrote:
    I can understand your conclusion for sure. The first image was a guarantee, for me, from the moment I sat down at the table. I waited, camera in hand, for about 15 minutes and tripped the shutter once. Those moments don't happen enough, for me, but it sure is nice when the planets align. thumb.gif

The second image was planned as well but I wasn't overly confident with the composition. After the crop I could see what I saw but we know how far that goes sometimes. :D I thought it worked much better when presented with the first.

Thanks for your comments!
    Travis
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2010
    KerrBear wrote:
    I don't agree. I think they work together. Mother is away. She's currently on "vacation" from the kiddos even if it's just in her mind. The little girl is gazing at mommy, wondering where she has wandered off to and is probably ready to asking Mommy for something and rip her away from her vacation.

The second photo is my favorite but I love the expression on Mom cause I've sooo been there.
    Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you like them. thumb.gif
    Travis
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    thoth wrote:
    802672653_a5z6W-L.jpg
    802949716_dcDZm-L.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Very nice, Travis - they both work for me. But...I might have tried to figure out how to shoot the first vertically, as I'd like to see the mother's entire arm, with elbow on the table.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2010
    bdcolen wrote:
    Very nice, Travis - they both work for me. But...I might have tried to figure out how to shoot the first vertically, as I'd like to see the mother's entire arm, with elbow on the table.
    Thank you, B.D. I hadn't thought of composing the shot vertically but that may have been a good idea. Then again, I think I'd have needed to shoot from much higher and may have lost the intimacy. ne_nau.gif It's certainly worth considering, though. thumb.gif
    Travis