Options

#45 - Help!

AirThomAirThom Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
edited March 7, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
So as the clock ticks on this one I've been having some "Photographer's Block"... leave it to my sons to help a papa out. Any of these good enough to enter?

1. 802793075_TVrCU-M.jpg

2. 802793178_6DnTS-M.jpg

3. 802793271_vqPBs-M.jpg

4. 802793360_UfJay-M.jpg

Thanks for looking and hope to hear some feedback good or otherwise!

Comments

• Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    I like #2 a lot. I like the way one of your sons is resting his head on his brother. Is there a way you can show more of the frame and perhaps level the image? I also suggest applying a slight vignette on the image to accent it, but it's not necessarily needed. Very cool job, you owe your sons now. Best of luck!clap.gif

Btw, I grew up loving Chip'n'Dale Rescue Rangers!
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    I like the conversion in #2 better as well as the two little guys position-I wish the television image was more visible so it doesn't look like they are staring at a blank tv.

The third image works better in that sense--but the pose is not as good as #2 and you have a lot more gray in this shot.

Tough choice--If you could fix #2 so it shows the image better, I think that's the winner---very "awwwwww" and a great take on the theme.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    I really like #2, their positions are great. I actually like that it's impossible to tell what's on the TV. There's some pattern visible there on the bottom edge, so you can tell it's on, but I think that not being able to see what's on the screen places more emphasis on the boys watching together, rather than what they're watching.

That, and I like the blacker blacks in the #2 conversion vs. your others. In the color shots the neon toys are a little distracting.
    edited March 5, 2010
    Yeah you can definitely do a composite shot of that single image, one exposed as is and another overexposed for the screen itself, compile them together and then burn in the image of the screen so it blends and you should have a really good image to enter.
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    Definitely #2. The little guy looks so relaxed.
  • Options
    BinaryFxBinaryFx Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    I like #2, however I think you should try doing a close crop, so that you feature their heads and upper back. You may have to clone out distractions in the foreground...the image is really about the two boys, not the whole scene.

EDIT: Try both portrait and landscape close crops.

Well done!

Stephen Marsh

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binaryfx/
    http://prepression.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    AirThomAirThom Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    Couple updates....
    First two tighter crops of #2 and the last one is a little tighter crop and different processing of #3

5. 804291256_xymUB-M.jpg

6. 804291314_Kg37y-M.jpg

7. 804291424_qq7Lb-M.jpg
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    #3 works great.
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    I think 7 works the best. Nice conversion, goodcrop on the boys and enough of the TV to tell the story.

This evolved nicely!

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    I think 7 works the best. Nice conversion, goodcrop on the boys and enough of the TV to tell the story.

This evolved nicely!

Chris

15524779-Ti.gif