On the bench

TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
edited March 6, 2010 in Street and Documentary
I could only get off one shot here because she got up and went back in the shop
before I could move to a better angle reduce the morning shadows.

802688129_nqbHC-XL.jpg
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    Very Patriotic rolleyes1.gif
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    Hey Tony,
    First thing I wondered is why anyone would chose to sit outside with a perm in process--then I saw the cigarrette in hand:) I guess dignity goes out the door when the craving is strong.

Also I thought it funny that she was getting her hair done at a barber shop--I've never seen a woman's hair salon have one of those old barber shop signs. Reading a little of the caption on the window I understand it's a unisex salon--

Makes me wonder where you are shooting this? Small town USA?

Anyway--works for me.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    Hey Tony,
    First thing I wondered is why anyone would chose to sit outside with a perm in process--then I saw the cigarrette in hand:) I guess dignity goes out the door when the craving is strong.

Also I thought it funny that she was getting her hair done at a barber shop--I've never seen a woman's hair salon have one of those old barber shop signs. Reading a little of the caption on the window I understand it's a unisex salon--

Makes me wonder where you are shooting this? Small town USA?

Anyway--works for me.

Captured on the main street of High Springs, Florida. Population 3,600.
    "Main street" may be too high-falutin a description...the business area is all of two blocks long. That's Jodie's Beauty and Barber Shop, and the sun was out for the first time in several days. Cold, though.
  • jamaizjamaiz Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    TonyCooper wrote:
    Captured on the main street of High Springs, Florida. Population 3,600.
    "Main street" may be too high-falutin a description...the business area is all of two blocks long. That's Jodie's Beauty and Barber Shop, and the sun was out for the first time in several days. Cold, though.

Hey Tony
    I know High Springs quite well. I do some diving in that area when I have the time. I know exactly where she is sitting - too cool..:D
    No matter where you go; there you are
    Regards
    James
    www.jamespatephotography.com
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    jamaiz wrote:
    Hey Tony
    I know High Springs quite well. I do some diving in that area when I have the time. I know exactly where she is sitting - too cool..:D

Ginnie Springs? I scuba, but absolutely no cave diving.
    Thanks for commenting.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    Yo Tony,

I get to High Springs on a regular basis. There's more art galleries and antique shops there than any thing else. When I'm through going through all those, I head on over to Micanopy to finish out the day. I've set on that very same bench many a time....didn't have that do-dad thing on my head though.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    What a riot! I wonder if she'll come out with a "men's regular" cut. Good catch.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography