Options

Has anyone ever used StudioCloud?

Kevin KramerKevin Kramer Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited January 6, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
Looks promising. I'm messing around with it, but wanted to know if anyone else here has played around or is currently using it.

I needed something free, can work on more than one computer, and it looks like it's good.

Your thoughts??
Nikon D300s and Nikon D7000
Nikon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75 2.8 | Tamron 70-200 2.8 | Tokina 11-16 2.8
2 SB-900 and 2 SB-600's
website | blog | facebook

Comments

• Options
    Kevin KramerKevin Kramer Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    Looks promising. I'm messing around with it, but wanted to know if anyone else here has played around or is currently using it.

I needed something free, can work on more than one computer, and it looks like it's good.

Your thoughts??
    Dear Me,

If you read instructions, deal.gif it's not really "Free"

If you want to sync with more than one computer, you need to pay 30 dollars a month.

Love,
    -me

So i guess that answers my question about working on more than one computer. But it still looks cool.

If anyone is interested, it's http://studiocloud.com/
    Nikon D300s and Nikon D7000
    Nikon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75 2.8 | Tamron 70-200 2.8 | Tokina 11-16 2.8
    2 SB-900 and 2 SB-600's
    website | blog | facebook
  • Options
    StardustPhotoStardustPhoto Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2010

Your thoughts??

We currently use Studiocloud for all of our paperwork and scheduling. There were a few bumps along the way with data going missing, but ever since then it's been a great asset. Once you have everything set up properly, it's really easy to print up invoices and keep track of customers. It hasn't come up yet, but I'm convinced that someday the ability to log in and work with everything online, away from the studio, is going to come in very handy.
  • Options
    dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    i wonder how it compares to PPA's SMS, SuccessWare, ShootQ, or PhotoOne

i've been looking for a studio/client management software as well. the combination of of excel spreadsheets, outlook, quickbooks, and google calendars get a bit cumbersome at times.
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto
  • Options
    TJAtLarissaPhotoTJAtLarissaPhoto Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 6, 2011
    Just started using StudioCloud after PhotoOne was purchased by StudioPlus. I'm still early on in converting over, so any help you guys can give would be great. I'm documenting my conversion process step by step on my blog. It would be great to see a few of you guys over there if you're looking for info on StudioCloud or if you've got insight on upgrading: http://www.larissaphotography.com/blog/2011/01/photoone-bought-by-studioplus-software/
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    I used StudioCloud, as a paying customer, for a number of months before various hick ups and lack of customer service response sort of killed it for me. I also REALLY didn't like that I couldn't access it from any computer since I work on multiple computers (desktop, laptops, iPad, etc.) and didn't have a client portal or anything of that nature. In the end, I decided to go with Tave, which is $25 a month. Overall, they have been a solid performing product that I can access from anywhere that I have internet access. I have a client portal for clients to be able to log in, sign contracts (can't do with StudioCloud unless you pay another company), check their balance, and update their contact info. Version 3 has been in the works for a while and there is some disgruntled customers because it has taken a little while. But, to be honest, the savings over ShootQ is worth it for me to wait. Also, I'd rather have a good, stable release that I can't rely on from day 1 of the release instead of something that they rushed to get out only to have it back fire. I've also been able to customize my Tave client screens to basically match what I have on my site. Also, when a potential client contacts me through my website, it automatically enters their data in to my Tave account and adds it to my calendar as a potential booking. That was really nice to have! Version 3 is supposedly going to be bringing questionnaires and better email integration (beyond the simple email logging that it has now, which is still a nice feature) as well as several other features and a totally revamped system. I don't miss anything about StudioCloud now that I've made the change. And setting it up took less than a day while the clunkier StudioCloud system seemed to take forever and cause multiple chunks of hair to be pulled.

Let me know if you have any questions about either.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User