Options

Advice from you pro's

blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
edited August 7, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
I was recently approached by a company to shoot some local events, I have shot for this company before only they were part of a team then and it wasn't their money they were spending.

Anyways, I was asked to shoot 3 events, not more then 3-4 hours at each event. He wanted prices for the event so I gave him the prices (which was basically the same as the other job because of the hours 3-4 hour shoots). He comes back to me a few days later and say's they can't afford me now, loves me work, but just can't afford me. So I say ok, just remember you get what you pay for and end it there.

A week or so later they run into me while I'm out eating and give me this; we'll let you come into our event and setup and sell your photography for free of charge, but you have to shoot the even for us and give us the pictures to use at will. I said I would have to respectivley decline but I thanked them for coming back to me.

So was I wrong? Should I have took the "free" space and tried to sell some photo's?

**On a side note, I was told today, the first day of the first event that people were complaining about having to pay $8 to get in, another $5 to get 9 wings, and stand in line to pay another amount to go to another location to get beer.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2005
    you did right.
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2005
    andy wrote:
    you did right.
    Thanks Andy, at the time and I guess I still do think it was the right one to make. Just trying to get everyone else's take on it.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 6, 2005
    Listen - any event that charges for beer should be boycotted! There, I said it and I'm not sorry.

rolleyes1.gif

All joking aside - I think you made the correct decision (for what it's worth).
  • Options
    gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2005
    Sounds like a bigger ripoff than the UK:D i think you did the right thing , and they would have made you wait months for your money
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2005
    Thanks guys, today the second part of the event was cancelled due to rain so it wouldn't have been worth my time and they would have gotten bascially something for nothing. I'm glad I made the right choice.