Eyes that say WOW

T4TotsT4Tots Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
edited August 7, 2005 in People
I learned a new technique this week to really make eyes stand out and I love it! This is a maternity client that came over today to have maternity pics made and I couldn't help but get a close up and try out my new skills. I am so excited about this technique in photoshop. I will post the how to's link under the picture. Feel free to email me for more info.

31144999-L.jpg

I got the tutorial here
Tina Folsom :lust
Photographer and Mom of Four!

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2005
    Great tip and beautiful portrait!

Off to play with some eyes!!
  • tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2005
    Excellent portrait. Lovely lighting (window w/ reflector I'm guessing). Relaxed natural pose that is flattering & the eyes are great as well. Well done.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2005
    T4Tots wrote:
    I learned a new technique this week to really make eyes stand out and I love it! This is a maternity client that came over today to have maternity pics made and I couldn't help but get a close up and try out my new skills. I am so excited about this technique in photoshop. I will post the how to's link under the picture. Feel free to email me for more info.I got the tutorial here
    Tried the link but it is a members only site.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • lr1811lr1811 Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2005
    thanks!
    Great photo and thanks for the great link!! I am playing around with some photos now...

XO - if you register and then go back to this thread, the link will take you to the tutorial.

Brian
  • T4TotsT4Tots Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2005
    XO-Studios wrote:
    Tried the link but it is a members only site.

XO,
    Yes, It does require you to register, but isn't a paid members site or anything (yet) they have some great tips.
    It is a site with a lot of great info, I have recommended it here before. It will be going "pay only" soon unfortunately. If you are a serious wedding photographer you should consider signing up, it is aimed somewhat at pros.

That said, for those of you who don't want to register: The gist of the process for eyes is to lightly dodge the color of the eyes and the highlights, but not the whites. Then select the iris and make a new layer to play with. Sharpen with unsharp mask, then bump up contrast quite a bit (20% or so).

It's a well-written tutorial with screen shots along the way; sign up and see for yourself while it's still free!
  • T4TotsT4Tots Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2005
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    It is a site with a lot of great info, I have recommended it here before. It will be going "pay only" soon unfortunately. If you are a serious wedding photographer you should consider signing up, it is aimed somewhat at pros.

That said, for those of you who don't want to register: The gist of the process for eyes is to lightly dodge the color of the eyes and the highlights, but not the whites. Then select the iris and make a new layer to play with. Sharpen with unsharp mask, then bump up contrast quite a bit (20% or so).

It's a well-written tutorial with screen shots along the way; sign up and see for yourself while it's still free!
    Great summary!

Thomas, I meant to tell you I didn't use a reflector...it was window light and my lumisphereII pointed directly at her with the diffuser on :) I can see the window and the flash in her eyes.