Man, September 2009

PMCPMC Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited March 8, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Processed this today. C&C is welcome.
803403926_yHF2A-M.jpg

Comments

• PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    To tell you the truth, I didn't see the man, the foliage overwhelmed the shot for me. I think I would crop out a lot of the bright foliage, even try a vertical crop of the area on the left including the man and the shrine.
    Of course, what the heck do I know. Just my take.ne_nau.gif
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • PMCPMC Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Patti wrote:
    ...I would crop out a lot of the bright foliage, even try a vertical crop of the area on the left including the man and the shrine...

Hi Patti, thanks for commenting, I appreciate it.

This photo was one that I so wanted to work but I think you're right, the foliage just takes up too much of the frame. I've tried a crop as you suggested but I don't think it works either. What do you think?

Think I'll retire this photo and go back and see if the guy still sleeps there.

805299953_df8Nw-M.jpg
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    I had a tighter crop in mind - to the lines on the window and a bit more off the top to the top of the shrine. Even so, I think you are right, moving on may be your best choice.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography