What's happened to me???

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited March 6, 2010 in Street and Documentary
For some strange reason I want to convert ALL my photos to B&W. What is happening to me? Is this part of the indoctrination process for street photographer wannabes? Did bd slip something into my Koo-aid? Does this happen to everyone? :dunno :rofl

I wonder how my flower macros would look...
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 6, 2010
    Patti wrote:
    Did bd slip something into my Koo-aid? Does this happen to everyone? .

Seems to, but don't worry...you may outgrow it.

:hide

mwink.gif
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    B&W is definitely addictive. I love it! But good colour is too. Rutt and others can explain things better that I ever could. My opinion is that colour is extremely hard to pull off in Street. There are just so many variables that are well out of the photographers control. That, and the essence of most human interaction come to the fore in B&W.

That said, I still do some things in colour and I'm challenging myself to do more. Become more active in including colour in the story. My instinct is to use it to accentuate an impression or emotion intrinsic in an image. But I'll wait to see how I develop. Till then, expect lots of B&W.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    Do not adjust your set...
    Yeah it is common...I would shoot everything in black and white if I thought I could get away with it.
    Just go with it....think of it as a phase.
  • jamaizjamaiz Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    Hi Patti
    I have switch gears more then once between colour and B&W. It recently changed into a Sepia thing with our China trip last year. Now I'm heading back into colour as I'm chasing the sunrise and sunset out on the lake.
    No matter where you go; there you are
    Regards
    James
    www.jamespatephotography.com
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    People tell me photography is just a phase too. rolleyes1.gif It's nice to have company when drinking the kool-aid.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography