If You Have Enough Money.......

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited March 7, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
This Ferrari GTO, from the early 60's, is one of only 39 produced. One of these was sold once for $15 million.

803594733_HKNgX-XL.jpg

This Ferrari was, essentially, a one-off prototype leading to the development of the GTO. It is extremely rare and is priceless.

803594857_CyAFz-XL.jpg

A Mercedes " Gullwing ". One of the later versions and in this kind of condition can easily approach the $1 million level.

803594977_cviQv-XL.jpg

Ford 427 Cobra. Even in a depressed market, one in this condition could scare or even exceed the $1 million number.

803595078_EjWoX-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    Whoa--I can't get over the sticker price!
    They are sweet looking though--I especially like that Mercedes--if anyone draws my name for Christmas.

Thanks for sharing Tom.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    Thanks, Zoomer, for looking in. I'll take them too.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited March 6, 2010
    Hey Liz,

Yea, some of these prices are unreal. That Gullwing was one of the finest I've ever seen. In 1970 I passed up a chance to buy one for $10,000. I can't tell you how many times I've kicked myself over that.

Take care,

Tom
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    Hey Liz,

Yea, some of these prices are unreal. That Gullwing was one of the finest I've ever seen. In 1970 I passed up a chance to buy one for $10,000. I can't tell you how many times I've kicked myself over that.

Take care,

Tom

Oh that burns.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • vintagemxrvintagemxr Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    Hey Liz,

Take care,

Tom

I've kicked myself over stuff like that in the past. Nowadays I remind myself I'd have just lost it in the divorce anyway. deal.gif

Doug
    "A photograph is usually looked at – seldom looked into." - Ansel Adams
    My B&W Photos
    Motorcycles in B&W
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    Hey Liz,

Take care,

Tom

Tom, You ever stop kicking yourself for it yet? 40 years for a payoff.
    Thats a spell ain't it.
    Another nice round of photos.
    Looks like your getting in the mood again. mwink.gif
    Michael
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 7, 2010
    Hey Liz,

Take care,

Tom

Yeah, but who the hell had $10,000 in 1970? rolleyes1.gif

Cool shots of some neat cars. But with prices like that, they ought to come with parking spaces. lol3.gif
    edited March 7, 2010
    Hey Doug,

Laughing.gif. I hear that, brother. Thanks for the comment.

Tom
    edited March 7, 2010
    Hey Michael,

Yea, every now and then I still try and kick my butt about that. I don't do as good a job of it as I used to beacuse I'm not nearly as flexible as I used to be. But I make a decent effort at it.

Yes sir, the funk has lifted....car show season is here and I'm pumped.

Take care,

Tom
    edited March 7, 2010
    Yo Richard,

Boy, you're right about that. $10,000 was a bunch of bucks back then, particularly when it would have been going toward, to what amounted to, a big toy. I had just started construction on my first home and I was bleeding dollars every time I turned around. To say that buying that car got a cool reception from my wife is a monumental understatement.

Take care,

Tom
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    Howdy Tom,

Ohhhhhhhh, I'll bet you are really excited, great images, love the beautiful colors and the nice crisp and sharp details.

That Cobra was the one that caught my eye, I've always loved those!!!

Great shots, really looking forward to you taking us with you to see all these beautiful Automobiles and Works of Art.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited March 7, 2010
    Yo Craig,

Thanks for the nice comments. Just for you, I'm sending along a shot of another Cobra. This one is the small block, 289 c.i. version. They were a little narrower than the 427 and lacked the big fender flares at the rear. Many folks, including myself, feel they are better looking...more balanced... than their bigger brother. This one was absolutely stunning. Not a flaw anywhere.

Tom

804488716_mfgun-XL.jpg
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    Great images... Tom I got out of the service in 61 ...I was making $112.00 a month......couldn't afford one then.. and now I'm retired.. and it's S.S...and I can't afford one now.... :D Looking forward to seeing the pictures from your next show........azzaro
    edited March 7, 2010
    Hey Gary,

Thanks for the nice comment. I wish some of you guys could go to a couple of these shows with me. We'd have some fun.

Take care,

Tom
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    Yo Craig,

Thanks for the nice comments. Just for you, I'm sending along a shot of another Cobra. This one is the small block, 289 c.i. version. They were a little narrower than the 427 and lacked the big fender flares at the rear. Many folks, including myself, fell they are better looking...more balanced... than their bigger brother. This one was absolutely stunning. Not a flaw anywhere.

Tom

Howdy Tom,

Thanks, that is a complete different look isn't it, but have to love the Big Boy 427. I loved seeing this, I have thought time and time again about one of the Roush Kit's, where you go and build it with them. My Wife laughs and tells me I'd better start playing the Lottery:D:D:D
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas