Options

#45 Barn Yard Politics

VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
edited March 7, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok, first nice sun filled warm day in a Month... thinking of going with all of the animals here it is with various treatments... along with a couple others which would be good entries also... So... what do you think?

Barn Yard Politics
803732808_f74En-L.jpg
803734818_pxH2e-L.jpg
803737288_ZboJE-L.jpg
803738748_HW5ez-L.jpg
803741425_LrfgA-L.jpg
803743564_cmxEP-L.jpg
803750025_jtqM5-L.jpg

Dewey the sheep did get hay today :wink

Comments

• Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    For me #7 then #1.
    #7 wins it for me for 2 reasons - the looks on the faces and the plethora of titling opportunities ("Who are you calling a sheep?", "BFFs" etc) definitely a nice capture.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    I've got to agree. #7. Although, the looks say to me... "Let's Get Ready To Ruuuuummmmbbbble", or "Let's Have A Good Clean Fight". rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    #7 is the standout ( and maybe the stand-off!)

chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2010
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif ... Jimmy the donkey and Dewey the sheep... it is pretty good.... I still like the comp of all my animals... I'll decide tomorrow, at least I have some shots to consider... thanks for the comments.

Winston
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    Here's a cool thought, how about cropping the horse and the sheep together into one frame (referring to the first 5 images)? I hate to use this word as its always being used the wrong way, but the cropping this way will elaborate JUXTAPOSITION between the 2 animals in the image. :D
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2010
    Hmmmmm.... not a bad idea, instead of cropping though I think I'll get m lazy butt dressed and go shoot some more and try for that specific shot! thumb.gif I gotta go feed them anyway...

Winston

mr peas wrote:
    Here's a cool thought, how about cropping the horse and the sheep together into one frame (referring to the first 5 images)? I hate to use this word as its always being used the wrong way, but the cropping this way will elaborate JUXTAPOSITION between the 2 animals in the image. :D
  • Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    I like the last for the challenge... the first could work too, with a diff crop....leave out the horse, so the sheep is alone....
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    Hmmmmm.... not a bad idea, instead of cropping though I think I'll get m lazy butt dressed and go shoot some more and try for that specific shot! thumb.gif I gotta go feed them anyway...

Winston

Posing your animals rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2010
    mr peas wrote:
    Posing your animals rolleyes1.gif

Yeh, well... as photographers, we do what we gotta do to get the shot mwink.gif DISCLAIMER: "no animals are hurt or abused in any way during my photo shoots, I use only the highest quality treats and raw carrots"

Winston