Options

SOLD: Canon 1D Mark IIn

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited March 18, 2010 in House of Canon
122522241.jpg
122522412.jpg

Canon 1D MKIIn for sale, $1300. This baby is cherry– less than 36,000 shutter acutations on a shutter with a 200K life! Includes spare OEM battery ($109 value), a RRS L-plate ($183 value), and all software, manuals, cables, the original strap (unused), charger etc and even the original box the camera came in. The camera has been meticulously cared for by me– the original owner.

More info and pics on my BLOG

** SOLD **

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    dogwood wrote:
    less than 36,000 shutter acutations on a shutter with a 200K life!

Just thought I'd chime in to say what an exquisite camera this is and that mine went 250k before shutter replacement.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2010
    Just thought I'd chime in to say what an exquisite camera this is and that mine went 250k before shutter replacement.

Jack is right! The 1D MKII N is amazing and this one is in absolutely awesome condition. BH sells 'em used for this same price without the spare battery or RSS L-plate, and I promise, the used IIn's there have been worked a lot harder than this one!

• Options
    edited March 14, 2010
    Price reduced
    Price dropped to $1250. Credit card payments require a $50 processing fee for a total purchase price of $1300 plus shipping.

• Options
    GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2010
    How well does this do for sports? That's what I (mainly) shoot. I have a 50D currently.

Thanks.
  • Options
    EclipsedEclipsed Registered Users Posts: 360 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2010
    If you have the 50d and it works for you, spend the money on glass. The IIN is a stronger sports camera though, and even though it is older, it is faster (8.2 FPS) with better AF and build quality. The IQ isn't as good on the Mark IIN and it is much lower resolution though (8MP) compared to the 50D (15MP). I honestly don't think you would gain much with an upgrade if your current setup works, but it depends on how much money you have for spending around and whether you have all the glass you need.
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2010
    IMHO,this is the best camera Canon has made!
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2010
    Eclipsed wrote:
    If you have the 50d and it works for you, spend the money on glass.

Or spend the money on this camera! Hey Eclipsed, all due respect, but why are you trying to tell someone not to buy the camera I have for sale? headscratch.gif

Gadget Rick -- this camera is AWESOME for sports. Blazing fast and accurate AF and simply amazing handling. Comparing a 50D to a Canon 1D series body is like comparing a Honda to a Porsche. Yeah, they'll both get you to the beach, but one is going to handle quite a bit better than the other. The MKIIn is also a 1.3 crop so it works better for wide angle shots than your 50D. :D

I've owned a 10D, two 20D's, a 5D, a 5DMKII, and the 1DMKIIn. I also was issued a 40D for a photojournalism job I had once. The 1DMKIIn is simply the best handling and shooting camera I've ever used. It's tough to describe but it just feels right in the hand and is blazing fast. It's weather sealed and clearly designed for daily professional use. I actually used to use it over the 40D when I had a chance for photojournalism because it's auto-focus was so amazing and accurate.

Just my two cents -- I'd actually prefer to keep this 1DIIn but I have two other bodies at the moment and I'm mostly shooting commercial work these days where resolution is more important than handling. I also don't have a laptop with firewire and I'm shooting 90-percent of my work tethered to a laptop (the 1DMKIIn needs a firewire connection to shoot tethered).

EDIT: I have plenty of 16"x24" gallery landscape prints on my walls from (gasp) 8.2 MP cameras (both the 20D and the MKIIn). So don't let the resolution dissuade you. How often do you print bigger than that?

• Options
    edited March 15, 2010
    The resolution doesn't bother me. Just thinking about it. Not sure if I could convince the wife to let me part with more money as I've just bought a bunch of camera gear. We'll see...

Thanks.
  • Options
    onesickpuppyonesickpuppy Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    1DMKIIn for sale
    GadgetRick wrote:
    The resolution doesn't bother me. Just thinking about it. Not sure if I could convince the wife to let me part with more money as I've just bought a bunch of camera gear. We'll see...

Thanks.

HEY.......Eclipsed............I'll stand behind DOGWOOD here as well...........deal.gif

Not only is it RUDE to make the type of comment you made here in HIS for sale post.....but it truly must be a comment of ignorancemwink.gif

I own the same body......I shoot motorsports!!! and find it to be the best there is in its class......and I get SHARP images even at 32x48!!! As stated, super fast AF.....best build of any body.......and on top of that, if I was offered to choose between a 50D and the MKIIn.....the 50D wouldn't even register as a consideration.

Yes...it may offer a higher resolution than that of the MKIIn....but the 50D will never muster the speed or ability to grab the shot like a pro body does.
    If that was the case....you'd only see Rebels on the sidelines

Please practice better forum posting rules within someone elses post....and at least research you subject better.

gadgetrick.......if you have any feelings about entering into seriously into a pro body....this is one to get..........I LOVE MINE iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    HEY.......Eclipsed............I'll stand behind DOGWOOD here as well...........deal.gif

Not only is it RUDE to make the type of comment you made here in HIS for sale post.....but it truly must be a comment of ignorancemwink.gif

I own the same body......I shoot motorsports!!! and find it to be the best there is in its class......and I get SHARP images even at 32x48!!! As stated, super fast AF.....best build of any body.......and on top of that, if I was offered to choose between a 50D and the MKIIn.....the 50D wouldn't even register as a consideration.

Yes...it may offer a higher resolution than that of the MKIIn....but the 50D will never muster the speed or ability to grab the shot like a pro body does.
    If that was the case....you'd only see Rebels on the sidelines

Please practice better forum posting rules within someone elses post....and at least research you subject better.

gadgetrick.......if you have any feelings about entering into seriously into a pro body....this is one to get..........I LOVE MINE iloveyou.gif

15524779-Ti.gif....some people!rolleyes1.gif

Great camera and a great price.....period.
  • Options
    EclipsedEclipsed Registered Users Posts: 360 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Sorry guys, I don't know what was with me when I posted that ne_nau.gif It must have too late for me to be doing that, and I was not thinking straight. Of course the 1D II N is better than the 50D, it is a solid pro camera, not just pro-sumer. Even an older 1D is going to be better than any XXD camera. If you shoot sports, there aren't many better cameras than this.

My apologies.
  • Options
    IdahoMotomomIdahoMotomom Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    I did a lot of research on sports cameras when retiring my Rebel. THIS is regarded as THE sports camera of all cameras. I shoot mx and soccer and it is the bomb. I paid the same as this one is listed for and could not recommend a better body for this purchase. I looked for a really long time before finding one at this price because they are usually $1,500-$1,800 used without tons of accuations.

Good luck selling it. Use the money for a psych eval because I could never let mine go (Joking....):ivar
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,828 moderator
    edited March 17, 2010
    The Canon 1D MKIIN is still an amazingly good camera, even by today's standards. If you need to shoot at the full frame rate of 8.5 fps and you need the highest percentage of in-focus shots with moving targets, this camera will keep up with the best current cameras and deliver a very high percentage of keepers. Any attention to frame rate alone is misleading, it is the keeper rate that matters.

The camera also works extremely well in low light, holding focus beyond other cameras' abilities.

I too have 30" x 20" prints made with 8 MPixel cameras that look great, and with current RAW converters the dynamic range has actually increased a bit over when the camera was new (when you shoot in RAW and use a modern RAW converter.)

I still use a pair of 1D MKII for wedding ceremony shots without flash. The ability of the camera to function well in normal church lighting without flash is a great benefit.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2010
    ziggy53 wrote:
    The Canon 1D MKIIN is still an amazingly good camera, even by today's standards. If you need to shoot at the full frame rate of 8.5 fps...

Appreciate the props Ziggy but the MKIIN is a 1.3 crop -- not full-frame. Don't want to mislead anyone. :D

• Options
    edited March 17, 2010
    Well, the wife would kill me if I spent more of the tax money on another camera. :(
  • Options
    ssersser Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    email sent
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,828 moderator
    edited March 17, 2010
    dogwood wrote:
    Appreciate the props Ziggy but the MKIIN is a 1.3 crop -- not full-frame. Don't want to mislead anyone. :D

True. I should have typed, "... full, frame-rate of 8.5 ...".
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2010
    ** Sold **
    Camera is now sold :D