DC Phones

damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
edited March 8, 2010 in Street and Documentary
phones.jpg

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    cool shotsthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif

I did not know those still existed............all of the ones here are gone......cost too much to upkeep according to ATTeek7.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    Thanks Art!
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    As with most of your photographs, you manage to pull off very simple scenes and make them interesting.

In reply to Art Scott's comment, the Orlando (FL) railroad station has a row of wooden telephone booths with the old-style payphones on the wall. Not the modern stainless things as in your photo, but the old black out-from-the-wall phones. The are active. I have a photo of them, but I don't like to add my pix to a thread.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
    edited March 6, 2010
    Thanks Tony. What a nice thing to write.
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    I understand that with this state of the art technology, if they install enough of them we would not have to carry our own personal phones with us anymore! Now that would be progress.

Nice take on them!
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    damonff wrote:
    phones.jpg

Wow! This is like seeing a photo of Wooly Mammouths....Amazing! clap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • lifeLikelifeLike Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    I'm new here (first post even) and just wanted to say that I love this image! It IS like capturing the extinct and reminded me of a recent trip where we saw actual photo booths on the side of the streets. Although a camera is always with me, it was the shot I didn't get rolleyes1.gif . At least I get to look at yours!
    ~lifelike.smugmug.com

not life but lifelike
    edited March 8, 2010
    Thank you Lifelike.
  • mikepennmikepenn Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    A very nice capture.