I am proud of these!

FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
edited March 8, 2010 in People
These are a few from my first paid shoot!! I think they came out awesome!!! What do you think? :)

4413022877_11d1ded18a.jpg

2. Love this pic!! I love the clashing patterns and the color, the only thing is next time I have to make the pattern go all the way down beneath her, but for now it's ok and her mom called me this morning to thank me again, she loves them!!

4413790710_17f578acb5.jpg

3.This is by far my favorite!
4413790452_2e1eb267d7.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Gina
Flickr My, not quite there yet, website

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~

Comments

• kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    Just wonderful!!! Loved seeing these! :D Great work!
  • FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    Thank you!! I had so much fun!!

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~
  • gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    Nice work! Just a few things I noticed were the cropping is fairly tight (cutting off tiny bits of the dress, etc). In #1, her black shoes are lost in the bottom, so her feet look cut off a bit. Minor issues and I'm sure most will not notice that at all. Congrats on your first paid shoot!! :D

edit: just looked at #1 again...is that just thick carpet and she is barefoot? Then ignore my shoe comment. lol
    Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.
    edited March 7, 2010
    Thanks for commenting!!

I know it's closely cropped but it just happened when I was adjusting, she turned towards me and I snapped and on the last one she is barefoot on a soft Teddy bear material. Maybe next time I will use a harder material this way it's easier to see. Thank you for the critique! I appreciate it :)

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    That last one is great. Well done!
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    cute shots!! I love the picture frame one too!! what kind of pp did you do on these?? looks kinda vintagey <-- is that a word? lol
    Court
    Courtney
    edited March 7, 2010
    Thank you!! Lol I think her face to me was so vintagey :) I stole your word :) she was so pretty and classical if that makes sense.

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    The last one is the best of the lot. Consider reversing the de-sat .... de-sat the entire photo and then bring back the color for the inside of the frame. I think this would make a much more effective portrait.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Hold your head high, these are well done.
    As others said they feel just a tad tight and maybe try to take them at your subjects eye level a bit more.
    Overall very well done.
    edited March 8, 2010
    Thank you!! I do agree the second one is too tight. Next time I am going to try to set the actual shot up. I love the clashing patterns though.

I will try the destaurating everything but the inside of the frame, but I Just think the actual frame area is too small it might not work, but I am going to give it a go and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion!!