Untitled

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited March 8, 2010 in Street and Documentary
804281714_VytMd-L.jpg

804275985_MYyJ4-L.jpg
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography

Comments

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    Patti wrote:
    804281714_VytMd-L.jpg

804275985_MYyJ4-L.jpg

First one is terrific! The poster and the beret are just perfect! Nicely composed.
    clap.gif. The second? Eh.eek7.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    Laughing.gif I liked the parasitic relationship in the poster photo. A poster encouraging vacination for H1N1 (resistance to disease) was used by someone to draw attention to political resistance, specifically a rally to encourage political resistance to our prime minister's decision to prorogue parliament in January until March. I guess it only works for me. rolleyes1.gif
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    I agree that the first is fantastic, Patti. The composition is spot on. I do wish there was a bit more detail in the coat, though.

I'll disagree with B.D. on the second. I don't know that it's an award-winning shot or anything but I do enjoy the interplay between the two signs.
    Travis
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 8, 2010
    Patti wrote:
    I guess it only works for me. rolleyes1.gif

Been there, done that recently myself. lol3.gif

I think the problem with #2 is that the viewer doesn't get enough information from the H1N1 poster to recognize it and get the wordplay on resistance. Even reading the small print, I don't think I would have gotten it without your explanation. Perhaps it plays better locally, among people who are familiar with both posters and the issues they represent. #1 is more universal, so it works better.