wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited March 9, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
374-friends-r6720.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Maybe an explanation is in order :)

Apparently a brick was hurled through this now boarded up storefront window. A case of the company's claim of 'Friends' being rejected by the poverty-stricken neighborhood??

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Who knows, Walter, some low-life people don't need any reason to start chunking stones. Then again, it might have been an innocent occurrence. Hard to say.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited March 8, 2010
    Who knows, Walter, some low-life people don't need any reason to start chunking stones. Then again, it might have been an innocent occurrence. Hard to say.

Tom

I agree, it's a strange neighborhood. I was trying to give that impression /tell that story with just an image of the broken glass with the word "Friends" on it--symbolism I suppose. Possibly a well designed interpretive statement could do it? ... a very sad verse? :cry

Sometimes I like to try things with images other than the feel good stuff--Psychologically queasy. I'll work on it. wings.gif
    Anybody can do it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    I sat and looked at this for a long time. Couldn't see the broken window even after looking at it again. I do see the wood -- I need glasses rolleyes1.gif

I do like symbolism if that is the right word to use. Wonder what the other words were.
    edited March 9, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    I sat and looked at this for a long time. Couldn't see the broken window even after looking at it again. I do see the wood -- I need glasses rolleyes1.gif

I do like symbolism if that is the right word to use. Wonder what the other words were.

That's where I'm wondering if it could be the processing? Others haven't seen it either. Just look at where the reflection is and is not. The effect is mostly on the lower right.

I believe before it was broken the panel said,

Friends
    Store
    & ???d

It's the rightmost panel in a three panel window.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    Was the original in B&W or colour?

I'd like to see the colour version if possible…

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau