Wavelength

rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
edited March 12, 2010 in Street and Documentary
803346218_cDxNs-XL.jpg

Comments

• TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    I really like that look on the girl's face that you captured. The balance of the figure on the right and the figure on the left being in focus, and the other figures being out-of-focus, works very well. The bright colors on each side also work well.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 8, 2010
    Good one, Rainbow. clap.gif I don't think I would want to mess with her even if I were a dragon. Or is it a chicken? lol3.gif
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    TonyCooper wrote:
    I really like that look on the girl's face that you captured. The balance of the figure on the right and the figure on the left being in focus, and the other figures being out-of-focus, works very well. The bright colors on each side also work well.

Thanks. I always assumed that the girl was mesmerized by the lion; but perhaps she is bringing it under her control!

And this is one that I PP more with a "blur" brush and desaturation sponge to bring out the colors of the two main subjects.

Thanks for the detailed comments!
    edited March 8, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    Good one, Rainbow. clap.gif I don't think I would want to mess with her even if I were a dragon. Or is it a chicken? lol3.gif

It's the lion! The lion that you saw in another post that I "erased" the background from. And it was your comments there about including the background but perhaps PP it to blur or fade that gave me the thought to PP this one (I never even knew those tools were there...ne_nau.gif ).

Maybe I'll get good enough to make it look like a chicken...rolleyes1.gif

Thanks!
  • lifeLikelifeLike Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    I really love the fact that none of the people actually seem to be in the same photo. It's as if they are looking at a completely different scene. Good stuff.
    ~lifelike.smugmug.com

not life but lifelike
    edited March 12, 2010
    lifeLike wrote:
    I really love the fact that none of the people actually seem to be in the same photo. It's as if they are looking at a completely different scene. Good stuff.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

There is a second lion that has captured the attention of all of the others. That really helped accentuate the connection between the two subjects.
    edited March 12, 2010
    To other forum members: Given the discussion in the thread on photoshop and street, does this cross the line?

In some sense, I think blurring and desaturating actually mimics our perception as we focus our attention on something. However, if we shift our attention in this photo, we cannot bring them into focus. But this is no different than choosing an aperture with shallow DOF.

So is this sort of processing something I (we?) should be shunning or embracing?
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 12, 2010
    rainbow wrote:

So is this sort of processing something I (we?) should be shunning or embracing?

I see no problem with it. Others might.

[Singing]: Which side are you on, which side are you on?

(old labor union organizing song)

rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
  • lifeLikelifeLike Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    rainbow wrote:
    To other forum members: Given the discussion in the thread on photoshop and street, does this cross the line?

In some sense, I think blurring and desaturating actually mimics our perception as we focus our attention on something. However, if we shift our attention in this photo, we cannot bring them into focus. But this is no different than choosing an aperture with shallow DOF.

I embrace it with a big giant bear hug but after visiting these forums - with this Street and PJ being the only one that really appeals to me so far - I feel as though I ought to join some sort of manipulators anonymous twelve step program or at least have a disclaimer in my signatures that I AM A MANIPULATOR. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Love the photo AND what you've done to enhance it!
    ~lifelike.smugmug.com

not life but lifelike