Options

There's a New Leader in Town!

LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
edited March 12, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Welp, fellow players, my tenure is nearing its end. After the end of Mega-Challenge #7, I will be stepping down and making way for a new creative force. I can't wait to see where he takes the challenges!

So please welcome sherstone as the new Challenges leader! :barb:barb:clap:clap:clap

Many of you know Sean from his long participation in the challenges, even back to the old LPS days. His images and creativity have always astounded and inspired me, and I'm excited that he'll be taking the reins going forward. I hope you're all excited, too! :D

Sean, it's all yours! :D

Comments

• Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    :uhoh That means Kerry's back to competing. rolleyes1.gif

Sean, looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us. thumb.gif
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Kerry, THANK YOU for the time that you spent on the challenges. Hope to see some of your work entered now that you can participate again.

Sean, bring it on. Can't wait to see what themes you give us.

— Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Thanks Kerry for all you have done. Truly superb clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Welcome Sean, and congratulations. clap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Ooh I love Sean. I am a big fan of his work clap.gif
    Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Awwww--I've only known Dgrin since Kerry was around, so I'm going to miss her--BUT I know Sean, he's always been encouraging and his work speaks for itself, so I am excited as well.

Thank you Kerry

and thank you Sean.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Kerry, the challeges have thrived under your care and guidance. Thanks for all your efforts. clap.gif

Sean, looking forward to how your creative leadership will continue to stretch and grow this community! thumb.gif
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    I really can't decide if having Kerry back in the challenges and Sean out is great news or not. eek7.gifne_nau.gifmwink.gifblbl.gif

One thing's certain though, Sean has some nice heels to fill. :hide

Sean, I seem to remember you like brownies?
  • Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    michswiss wrote:
    I really can't decide if having Kerry back in the challenges and Sean out is great news or not. eek7.gifne_nau.gifmwink.gifblbl.gif

One thing's certain though, Sean has some nice heels to fill. :hide

15524779-Ti.gif

Kerry, thank you so much for all you've done for us this last year! You've pushed and inspired all of us as a moderator beyond our comfort zones, and I think will continue to do so once again as a competitor. clap.gif In my time at Dgrin, from Emily to Kerry, and now to Sean...wow!

Sean, bring it on! If your previous entries are any indication of what we can expect from you as a moderator....holy cow! We're all in for an amazing ride! I can't wait!
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    cool, Sean is a perfect fit for this....

thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

Kerry, Thank You for all the "behind the scenes" work! also, I look forward to seeing your entries!!!
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Thanks Kerry; Welcome Sean!
    Since I joined less than a year ago, I've only known Kerry as the moderator I'm looking ofrward to seeing Kerry the Challenger! thanks for all of your very hard work so that we might play well!!:D

Sean will be great for this job. He was the first one to welcome me to DGrin and give me gentle advice! I feel like I have made strides since then....so thanks for the nudge.

Looking forward to a great year!

chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Kerry Thank you for all your hard work,thumb.gif it takes a lot of time to ride herd on this board.
    Look forward to Sean's reign of the kingdom.bowdown.gifbow
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Congrats Sean, you da man!!!
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Sean, it's all yours! :D
    I too am sad to know that Kerry is leaving us. I personally want to thank you Kerry for everything that you have poured into the challenges. You have always been an inspiration and have a knack for squeezing that last little drop of creativity out of me, either by creating some "kick you in the arse" theme or posting one of your spectacular images.

I am sure that all I have learned and experienced knowing Kerry as a competitor and moderator has also been experienced by everyone here. I am also sure that your red tempered wit and Irish charm will be greatly missed within our midst. Please remember to try and pull yourself away from your new future adventures to come visit us often.

Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes. I take on this "challenge" with a little fear of the unknown but much excitement as well. As Kerry said I have been a long time participant in both DSS and LPS and have used each of them to push myself photographically, creatively and even spiritually. The act of going out and capturing the essence of an idea is something that I have always found very Zen like.

I hope that I will be able to now give back to Dgrin as a community and that my efforts will hopefully enable all of you to flourish in your photographic learning and creative skill building. I will do my best to "challenge" and maybe even push a few of you into that Zen like world that I love so much.

More info to come... but for now I will concentrate on riding out the last wave of creativity that Kerry has so graciously let loose in the Mega challenge.

Thank you Kerry!
  • Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Kerry, thank you for all the hard work you did to run these challenges. Sean, looking forward to seeing what you have in the store for us.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    michswiss wrote:

I like brownies but they do NOT like me. mwink.gif
  • Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Couldn't have happened to a more capable and even keeled person, I say!!
    as I:buttkissclap.gifclaprolleyes1.gif

Kerry, welcome back to us common folk...
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Kudos, Kerry, for a job well done! clap.gifthumb.gifbowdown.gif I look forward to seeing you in the challenges. You produce stunning images!

Congrats, Sean, and thanks for stepping up to the challenge! (Bad pun alert. :hide )
  • Options
    The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Kerry I do want to thank you for those times you have really helped me.
    I appreciate your time and efforts to be fair and helpful to all of us.

peace, gail
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 8, 2010
    Kerry you have done an awesome job! Thanks so much for keeping the challenges alive!clap.gif

Congrates to Sherstone...Sean I am sure that you will come up with some great challenges and keep things running smoothly.thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Kerry, thanks for all you have done. I have only recently begun participating in them and have truly enjoyed the experience. I credit you largely with being so welcoming and good at running it.
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    Kerry, thank you for making the DSS challenges an amazing part of the dgrin community. I look forward to seeing your work in the galleries. clap.gifclap.gif

Sean, your work in the galleries will be sorely missed, but I look forward to seeing your vision for the challenges and getting back to shooting for them. thumb.gif
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    Angela DavisAngela Davis Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    Kerry thank you so much for all you have done. Awesome Job clap.gif
    A Big Welcome To Sean... Congratulations! thumb.gif
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    Kerry, I'm not sure if I'm happy for you to be passing on the torch and jumping back in with the rest of us so we get to see more of your awesomeness, (for those that don't know Kerry's work, it is beyond fabulous bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbow) or just scared............... :D:D

Congrats Sean - I have no doubt you will challenge everybody to the MAX - look forward to seeing what you come up with "on the other side of the table"!!!
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2010
    Kerry, you will be missed, but it is hard to think of anyone who is as qualified to follow you as Sean. Change is hard, but it is also stimulating. I see lots more photographic adventures ahead.

Thank you, Kerry, for all of your hard work. Your dedication and efforts came at just the right time for the challenges and have helped them thrive.

And thank you, Sean, for agreeing to take over the helm.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2010
    Like many others have said: Thanks, Kerry. You were very proactive throughout this whole thing, asking us for suggestions and what to do to improve the challenges, and I was simply amazed that you were prepared for the 8am Monday call after every single challenge.

You're awesome and your work is inspiring.

Thank you!
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2010
    And I'll add my own "Thank You!!!!" to you Kerry. You've truly done an awesome job - you've been a superwoman in this forum and have my gratitude and admiration. clap.gifiloveyou.gif

Sean - wow...I can't wait to see where you take this! :D
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Thanks Kerry for the amazing job you've done & the great challenge themes you came up with, they certainly gave my creativity a much needed kick in the pants on more than one occasion.

Sean, congrats and I can't wait to see what suitably zen-like themes you find to challenge us with.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Thanks for everything Kerry, it's been fun :D

And welcome Sean, looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    cmurphcmurph Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Oh wow Kerry - can't believe its been that long already how it flies . Thank you for all you hard work on this dgrin project - you have kept us all together and I am truly thankful for your efforts. thumb.gif A few things Kerry won't miss...Kerry can we change this____(fill in the blank)...what about my exif its not there are you sure Kerry? headscratch.gif ...etc...look forward to seeing you back in the rounds shooting away .

Sean are you really sure you want to do this...I mean I would like to change ______ (fill in the blank) and hey Sean you really sure you can't see my exif...headscratch.gif etc.

Best of luck to you Sean I couldn't think of a better person for Kerry to hand the reigns off to - look forward to you taking us in different directions. :lurk
    :wow
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    Congratulations and welcome, Sean - very well deserved position clap.gif

- I'm looking forward to see your ideas :D

Thank you Kerry and congratulations for the fantastic job you did thumb.gif

- Welcome back to the challenges :D
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com