Magical Mystery Photo Tour Opportunity

bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
edited March 9, 2010 in Street and Documentary
...IF you live in the Boston/Cambridge, MA, area:

On Saturday, April 17, my combined MIT/Harvard Extension School classes will be traveling to New York City for the day to see the Henri Cartier-Bresson exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art, and the Eugene Smith "Jazz Loft" exhibit at the New York Public Library at Lincoln Center. The bus will leave Harvard Square at about 6:15 a.m. and will return to the same spot some time before midnight. We will make a food/coffee stop on the way down, and a dinner stop on the way back.

Why am I telling you this? Simple - there are some empty seats on the bus! :clap :clap The bus round-trip fare is $30, and the MOMA admission will be $16.

PLEASE ACT QUICKLY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS ONCE-IN-A-LIFE-TIME OPPORTUNITY (No hyperbole - 300 HCB prints, selected 10 years ago by HCB himself, and Eugene Smith, all in the same day?:rofl )

If you want to sign up for the trip contact me at bd@bdcolenphoto.com and I'll hook you up with our "bus captain," who will make the arrangements.
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 8, 2010
    Oh, man, am I ever jealous. What a double feature! iloveyou.gif
  • thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Can we get a new Artist in Residence that lives in the midwest? I'm tired of B.D. teasing me. :poke
    Travis
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    thoth wrote:
    Can we get a new Artist in Residence that lives in the midwest? I'm tired of B.D. teasing me. :poke

You're complaining about getting to Boston and NYC? How do you think I feel all the way over in the "Far East"?
    edited March 8, 2010
    michswiss wrote:
    You're complaining about getting to Boston and NYC? How do you think I feel all the way over in the "Far East"?
    Erm... yeah... can we get one in China too? :D
    Travis
    edited March 8, 2010
    I did a little digging and found out that the HCB show will move to the Art Institute of Chicago from July 24 through Oct 3 and then move to the SFMOMA (dates not available yet). deal.gif
    edited March 8, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    I did a little digging and found out that the HCB show will move to the Art Institute of Chicago from July 24 through Oct 3 and then move to the SFMOMA (dates not available yet). deal.gif
    Wonderful, Chicago is far more accessible. Thanks, Richard. thumb.gif
    Travis
    edited March 8, 2010
    thoth wrote:
    Wonderful, Chicago is far more accessible. Thanks, Richard. thumb.gif

Looks like you can also catch the W. Eugene Smith show there:
    The exhibit is now on view at the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts at Lincoln Center and will run through May 22, 2010. The exhibit will travel to the Chicago Cultural Center (July 17-September 25, 2010), the Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University (February 3-May 22, 2011), the Museum of Photographic Arts in San Diego (May 19-Oct. 7, 2012), and the Center for Creative Photography at the University of Arizona (late 2012, early 2013). There will also be an exhibition of projected images at the Monterey Jazz Festival September 17-19, 2010. Please check again for updates to this schedule.
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Thanks for extending the invitation. It would be so instructive to attend it with you. BUT, being on the left coast, I will pass but look forward to its eventual journey to the SF MOMA.
  • rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    You got me UBER excited and then my bubble was burst...
    I will be in NYC on April FIFTH, HCB doesn't start till
    April ELEVENTH..

SIGH.

But I may be able to take in Smith....
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    I wish i could join !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • phillybikeboyphillybikeboy Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    bdcolen wrote:
    ...IF you live in the Boston/Cambridge, MA, area:

On Saturday, April 17....

If I wasn't headed down to Leesburg, VA to shoot one of the biggest, badass MTB races of the year, I'd love to take the bus up and tag along. Sounds like a great day.