Consuming news

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited March 9, 2010 in Street and Documentary
805439116_vNS29-XL.jpg

Comments

• TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    You're good at capturing people in postures that make the photo interesting. I've found that it's not hard to spot interesting people, but capturing them when they are in interesting poses is quite another thing. (And I don't mean "poses" as in posed scenes.)
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    TonyCooper wrote:
    You're good at capturing people in postures that make the photo interesting. I've found that it's not hard to spot interesting people, but capturing them when they are in interesting poses is quite another thing. (And I don't mean "poses" as in posed scenes.)

Thank you Tony. Very much appreciated.
  • thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    It may just be me but I don't get 'news' from the image itself. I love the composition so I wouldn't want to see a wider shot showing the news, so maybe the title is a bit off?

As Tony said, you have a knack for capturing people in a very dynamic way. This one is no exception. Well done! thumb.gif
    Travis
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 8, 2010
    thoth wrote:
    It may just be me but I don't get 'news' from the image itself.

I didn't either. They could be looking at penguins in a zoo. However, that didn't stop me from liking this shot. They're certainly focused on something, and I love the composition. thumb.gif My only nit is that the blacks look a little plugged on my monitor, though I know I'm not missing anything there. :D
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    michswiss wrote:
    805439116_vNS29-XL.jpg

A very nice shot. Had you pulled back - and towards them - just a bit, we might have gotten a hint that they are reading wall postings, while also seeing their postures.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    I do like how they are both engaged with different emotions while reading whatever they have selected. The stance of the one with the umbrella is wonderful.
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    It's been raining for the last seven days and I figured it was about time to go out and get wet. Basically a day taking pictures in the rain. Thanks for the thoughtful comments.

FYI, they were actually looking at Zebra's. mwink.gif If you'll excuse me now, I'm going to go slap myself about the caption. :smack