Gladiator

RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
edited March 9, 2010 in People
I just love the people at a Renaissance festival, such interesting costumes and people. C&C always welcome and appreciated.

Thanks

805656905_MJ6eX-L.jpg

Comments

• EOS_JDEOS_JD Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Lord of the rings springs to mind - Looks like one of the warriors of Gondor, :) Nice.
    Is that an elven broach too :)
  • Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    That person is portraying Aragorn. Nice picture too!
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Few things, the first one: that's an AMAZING shot, pristine focus and just awesome!!

Second: why in the WORLD do people dress up for festivals like that? If you're not an active "actor" in the festival, why do it? Really? My husband's a bagpiper in a celtic rock band, so I've been to Irish/Music/Celtic Festivals all over the U.S. and there's ALWAYS a pirate or two (I've come across a Jack Sparrow impersonator) at an Irish Festival. Let's not even go into the ones who dress "Renaissance-y" - one's a culture, the other's a time period.

Just my $.02, which has nothing to do with the picture, I just needed to vent. Again, great job!!
  • RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    Thanks for the comments and the info as to who he was potentially imitating... I had no idea.

Who knows why people do what they do, but it is very entertaining and I for one hope they keep doing it. It makes for great subject matter.