What do you think of this girl

ssersser Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited August 7, 2005 in People
Helping buid a portfolio, I'm relatively new at this and any suggestions/ critiques will be much appreciated.

Comments

• ssersser Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2005
  • debtoinedebtoine Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2005
    They both have a greenish cast on my calibrated monitor.

Toine
    edited August 7, 2005
    sorry i meant to say mostly head shots mwink.gif but heres another
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2005
    debtoine wrote:
    They both have a greenish cast on my calibrated monitor.

Toine

15524779-Ti.gif very green. search dgrin for "monitor calibration" and have a little read deal.gif

wave.gif welcome to dgrin
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2005
    embedding images from your smugmug account
    sser, please read this post it clearly spells out how to link your shots directly from your smugmug gallery, so you don't have to attach them.

deal.gif
    edited August 7, 2005
    Thanks Andy, hope this turns out better, I don't have photoshop or anything like that so its a bit tougher for me to get the effect i'm looking for
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2005
    wish I were Rutt
    sser wrote:
    Thanks Andy, hope this turns out better, I don't have photoshop or anything like that so its a bit tougher for me to get the effect i'm looking for
    I am not exactly sure what is wrong with the picture, because when I do a very simple color cast correction the skin tone is still off (tried on the first picture)

Now Rutt posted in this thread http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=123200 about doing a tone correction in LAB that does help. I tried using that on your picture, but in the end still saw something 'off' and ran out knowledge. It was a big improvement however. After that I cheated and used skintune (A PS filter) that always works.

Even you last pic (above this thread, skin still leaves a lot to be desired)

FWIW,

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2005
    The existence of the white shirt makes this a very easy shot to correct in LAB. Changing the curves to make a spot on the shirt register A=0, B=0 brings the whole thing into balance. Here is the spot I chose:

31227477-O.jpg

I steepened both A and B curves asymmetrically in order to get a A=0, B=0 reading on the sweater. Here is that result:

31226683-O.jpg

and the curves:

31226787-S.jpg31226766-S.jpg

I chose to steepen the curves instead of make them flatter because I wanted greater saturation so the sky and water would pop.

Some before and after color sampler measures on the girl and sky indicate that the correction worked and produced plausible color readings in place of implausible ones. Smugmug has a great help section on flesh tones; take a look: http://www.smugmug.com/help/skin-tone
    If not now, when?