Live Oak Tree

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited March 10, 2010 in Landscapes
I haven't been posting much lately, for various reasons. I hope to get busier, both shooting and posting. Here is one I shot recently on one of my afternoon Hill Country treks. I seem to have had the polarizer in the wrong position--is the sky color too distracting like it is? If so, can someone suggest a simple fix in PP? Would a gradient layer work best to even out the color? One of these days I will get out there in early morning light . . . and I'm sure my images will be worth waiting for! :rofl

Cheers,
Lauren

773268622_5hYpG-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    Hi Lauren,

I wouldn't worry about the sky....it is a nice backdrop as it is. Having spent a lot of time out in the Texas Hill Country myself, I'm always glad to see a picture that reminds me of that territory. I spent umpteen hours dirt biking through scenes just like that. I'm glad to hear you'll be posting more. I look forward to your work.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    Thanks, Tom! I know this isn't the greatest composition but I liked the shape of the tree and the bright sky is definitely typical of the Hill Country, isn't it? I hope you'll get down this way sometime and stop by for a cup of coffee!

Lauren

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2010
    Like you, I have a tree fetish and love the shapes of various types. Nice shot and the sky doesn't bother me at all.

I wish there was a way to do tree shots with bokeh successfully. I have one tree at the farm that I adore. I've shot it in all 4 seasons but, because there's a forest behind it, sometimes it's hard to distinguish the tree for the forest, if you know what I mean. ne_nau.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2010
    Ceci, I do know what you mean. :D I wish I had an answer for you. Maybe you should post a query in the Techniques forum--since it's a subject you like so much maybe somebody could suggest a way to get that bokeh. I think you've posted shots of that tree before, haven't you?

I'm sure it's rather bare at the moment, perhaps with snow under its branches also? Hate to tell you this, but my pear tree is blooming out my window right now.

Lauren

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2010
    Nice :D
    Michael