The Knitter

TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
edited March 12, 2010 in Street and Documentary
I also did this in black and white, but the knitting and the blue bag didn't carry in that version.

805398489_8YWkq-XL.jpg
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/

Comments

• TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2010
    TonyCooper wrote:
    I also did this in black and white, but the knitting and the blue bag didn't carry in that version.

I processed this in black and white and did some selective sharpening to the knitting project to give it some definition. I'm still not sure if the color or the black and white version works the better. Comments?

807065749_awA8k-XL.jpg
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 10, 2010
    IMO, the yarn is more apparent in the color version. It's not easy to spot in either one, though. My first impression was that he was just kicking back and rolling a joint, though I realize that may be saying more about me than the pic. lol3.gif
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2010
    TonyCooper wrote:
    I processed this in black and white and did some selective sharpening to the knitting project to give it some definition. I'm still not sure if the color or the black and white version works the better. Comments?

807065749_awA8k-XL.jpg

In this case, color. Though I would try to increase the contrast a bit.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2010
    Hey Tony,

Accepting I'm a well-known color freak, there's no contest in my mind: the color shot wins hands down.

Addressed to Richard...

You know any reference to drugs is a serious violation of the rules of the forum and you should know better.:D

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 10, 2010
    Addressed to Richard...

You know any reference to drugs is a serious violation of the rules of the forum and you should know better.:D

Tom

Busted. rolleyes1.gifrofl
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    IMO, the yarn is more apparent in the color version. It's not easy to spot in either one, though. My first impression was that he was just kicking back and rolling a joint, though I realize that may be saying more about me than the pic. lol3.gif

How ironic that interpretation would be with the marked Police Tahoe in the BG.
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    Nikonic1 wrote:
    How ironic that interpretation would be with the marked Police Tahoe in the BG.

He's undercover...

I like the shot because one should do a double-take seeing him knitting on the park bench. Once upon a time, they would have to this in the privacy of their home... times have changed (for the better)...
  • lifeLikelifeLike Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    Color. Hands down.
    ~lifelike.smugmug.com

not life but lifelike