Options

DSS 46 Have to get an early start

DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
edited March 17, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Going to be a busy 2 weeks for work, so I had to get some early shooting done. Hope more will show up during my travels.
1 Feather Detail
806807468_KWjLF-L.jpg

2 Detail
806818344_BxqnC-L.jpg

3 Spring Blossom
806807371_xKThC-L.jpg
Chris K. NANPA Member
http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2010
    I love the bird shots...I might even crop tighter on two so its all about texture and we are unsure about what it could be!
  • Options
    sunflowerstudiosunflowerstudio Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2010
    rteest42 wrote:
    I love the bird shots...I might even crop tighter on two so its all about texture and we are unsure about what it could be!

I like #1 a lot, especially the iridescence and tilting to blue at the upper left.

And, for those of you who are bird-minded, inspired by your efforts, I took my first pictures of birds last week: a flock of bohemian waxwings (yes I had to do an internet search) came to the rowan tree by my window and I decided to try to take pictures. And i thought it was hard to take pictures of kids, 'cause they're moving all the time. Boy did I discover that taking pictures of birds is hard!
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Yeah, those first two are just beautiful! Do you have any shots that are something compositionally between the two... more complex than the first but more simple than the second?
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    I love the way the yellows play off the green in #2. My only nit (small one) is the "blown-outs" in the upper right (a little distracting). Maybe a nice crop? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2010
    I also like #2...like bf, I love the shift to the yellow color in the upper left. I wonder if a tall, narrow crop of the left side might work?
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback, but I have to abandon these because i had the fortune to go to the Mega Challenge. Off in the other direction now. I was psyched to go green though.
    Now to wax poeticheadscratch.gif
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    Wax on, wax off. :D

Good luck in the Mega!