Insert Title Here

Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
edited March 11, 2010 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2010
    Deftly side-stepping the question of a need for a title in this forum, and what a title should be, I'll comment on the photo.

Looking past the processing I think that it could be a very interesting photograph. However, in my opinion, the processing
    makes it out-of-place in this forum. It has become "art" and not "photography". I would like to see a straight-up black and
    white version of the original, though.

As to the processing treatment, you've done a good job turning a photograph into art. If that's what the interest was in
    this group, you might get some kudos. But that isn't the interest of this group.

I don't mean to say that photography is not a form of art. "Art", in the above context, is a manual creation rather than
    a captured creation.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Tony: Your post is very valid and perhaps the image doesn't belong in this section, but this forum is called "Street & PJ". It might not be "PJ" but the subject of the image is "Street". :)

If it truly doesn't belong, I will re-post in a more appropriate area of Dgrin. :D

Here's the straight B & W you requested:

2010-Charlottesville-100301_124322-.jpg
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    I for sure like the straight up B&W
    as others have stated the 1st one reminds me of a "Wade Reynolds" Illustration.

As for Title well, "Thank You" or "Music" or ?? :D
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Tony: Your post is very valid and perhaps the image doesn't belong in this section, but this forum is called "Street & PJ". It might not be "PJ" but the subject of the image is "Street". :)

If it truly doesn't belong, I will re-post in a more appropriate area of Dgrin. :D

Here's the straight B & W you requested:

I wasn't suggesting that the photograph be moved to another forum. I was pointing out that it will probably not be seen as "Street" photography because of the post-processing treatment. The original photo will be, though.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/