First PJ shot for my dear board

pgaviriapgaviria Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
edited March 11, 2010 in Street and Documentary
807242654_EWe4e-XL.jpg

I have to say I have been inspired to pursue more street photography since this board started. Part of that resulted in me getting my first job as a news photographer in december. I am working near the Fort Hood army base, and therefore get to shoot some cool military stuff once in a while. Today I went to photograph some really powerful rocket launcher firing. It was n exciting experience! those things are loud! Everyone kept telling me about how loud it was going to be and when the time came I saw it fire but we were so far away that it took sound a while to get to me and I was starting to think that everyone had exaggerated about the loudness and then BOOM it make me shake and take my eye off the camera! Luckly, they fired more rounds after that an I managed to get a couple of decent shots. Those things are quick too, and I did not know exactly when it would fire. I think in this photo the shutter speed was 1/500 and even from about 200m away you can still see that rocket blur a lot.

Comments

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Congratulations on getting an actual job as a News Photographer. Fantastic! Your shot reminds me of a trip a long time ago driving on the interstate highway that bisects the White Sands test range. There was a sign somewhere about half way through stating "Watch for low flying missiles." eek7.gif

All I could think was, what should I do if I see one? Roll down the windows and let it through?