family photo's at their home

sparky675sparky675 Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited March 17, 2010 in People

Comments

• Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Nice Pose

Watch cutting off the arms & I would blur the seam in the wall on the background it is distracting.
    I would crop out the white object on the bottom of the second shot.

Take Care,
    Charles
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Maybe crappy work monitor but the first one looks pretty dark to me. Lots of light fall off from top to bottom. Not sure what the brighter vertical line is on the left side of the background but it would look better cloned out as distracts from the first shot. Second shot is very sweet, love the least one's expression but focus looks soft to me.

Watch your depth of field. Adults in the first one appear to be sharper that the kids in front and back. No data available so cannot tell what your aperture was but will need to be sure it is small enough to keep all parties in sharp focus.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • Options
    fredjclausfredjclaus Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Great pose. what lights did you use, and where? It seems your light was camera right, I bet if you put a white piece of foam core board camera left you would get rid of that shadow.

Also take notice of your clients. little girl in front on the right side of the picture is showing her underwear a bit. As a father this would not be a sellable image for me, but then again, I'm just over protective.
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer
    http://www.FredJClaus.com
    http://www.Fredjclaus.com/originals

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    In #1 I agree about the light fall off from top to bottom. Needs to be more even. It is a nice grouping but watch and try not to get heads on the same plane wether vertical or horizontal. The two heads on the left. Eyes of one person at the mouth level of the next person is very pleasing alignment.

#2 is personal preference but I don't like a white vignette on a dark setting. The pose is very workable.
  • Options
    sparky675sparky675 Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited March 13, 2010
    small room
    the first shot was in a bedroom i was using a 580 and a 540 strobes shot through umbrellas, I had the strobes l and right with the one to left a t 1/4 power the right at 1/2power. most shots where at 125 f6.3 iso 100. i see the white distraction in the one pic ,iwill brush that out, i did the white viginette for grandma, she likes them, i guess what confused me was they are all very light complextions, with black tops, in light room when the faces look good the rest is dark, or the oppisite, i tried a little messing with curves, actually the bw photos are best. but they bwant to see the pink, here is one from the living room 807330427_pX8oE-L.jpg
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2010
    Great color and expressions. Wondering what it would be like cropped into a long and skinny?
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    sparky675 wrote:
    the first shot was in a bedroom i was using a 580 and a 540 strobes shot through umbrellas, I had the strobes l and right with the one to left a t 1/4 power the right at 1/2power. most shots where at 125 f6.3 iso 100. i see the white distraction in the one pic ,iwill brush that out, i did the white viginette for grandma, she likes them, i guess what confused me was they are all very light complextions, with black tops, in light room when the faces look good the rest is dark, or the oppisite, i tried a little messing with curves, actually the bw photos are best. but they bwant to see the pink, here is one from the living room 807330427_pX8oE-L.jpg

1- the background doesnt work and the shot is under exposed.

2- The conversion is flat and the white vignette comes off as ver amateurish

3- The white skirt and pink stockings are out of place and were a bad idea.....especially since everything else coordinateds well. Still, its your best shot....even though the exposure could stand a push.