Options

NIKON 10-24 / 12-24 Looking for an Owner Lens Comparison

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited March 11, 2010 in Cameras
I am looking for an owner comaprison of the Nikon 10-24 and the 12-24......what I am loing for is which is better built and all that good stuff.

TIA!!!!:thumb:thumb:bow:bow
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    bradorrbradorr Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Hey Art,

I had the 12-24, and liked it quite a bit.. that and my 70-200 were my primary lenses for a long time. however, it was stolen and when I went to replace it the 10-24 had just come out, and so I bought it thinking it was newer and should be better.

I'm not yet sold on the 10-24, and I've had it for over 8 months now, shooting on a d300. I liked that the 12-24 didn't expand and contract ( was internal focused ) and my thoughts are that I got sharper pictures with it, esp in the corners. at 10mm, focused at infinity or far away, the corners can be pretty harsh. I'm just starting to think more about how I use the 10-24 to see I can up the performance on it.. ie, maybe not going out to 10mm as much, paying attention to the corners, trying some manual focus instead of letting it hit the infinity marker on its own and so on.. I don't recall having all these thoughts with the 12-24.. I pretty much just used it as it was.

Anyway, hope this helps.
    brad