Just flies

Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
edited March 15, 2010 in Holy Macro
A coldish dry wind yesterday kept most of the bugs away and only found a couple of flies in the garden. A bluebottle and a dungfly.
Brian V.

4423688151_542757a639_o.jpg

4423688153_83cce1664e_o.jpg

4423688155_e444a64305_o.jpg

4423688157_e86662fc48_o.jpg

Comments

• KullaKulla Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Nice find :)

I live for the day when Nikon will make something like that 65mm that you have :)
    Amar
  • urteurte Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    you are just fantastic
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    Thanks Amar and Urte for the comments :D

Amar I do know a few Nikon shooters that eventually bought one of the cheaper canon bodies just so they could get an MPE-65 but obviously you can cover the magnification range of the lens using a normal macro lens and combinations of extension tubes and or reversed lenses- just not quite as conveniant in use.

Brian V.
  • latentlatent Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    Thanks Amar and Urte for the comments :D

Amar I do know a few Nikon shooters that eventually bought one of the cheaper canon bodies just so they could get an MPE-65 but obviously you can cover the magnification range of the lens using a normal macro lens and combinations of extension tubes and or reversed lenses- just not quite as conveniant in use.

Brian V.

Super, super, super!!!

Like Amar I am a Nikon shooter and have asked myself the same question. Equally, I have even thought of buying a Canon body to use the 65mm MPE. I have also been considering buying the Nikon 200mm F4 Micro which is well built and has many good reviews, but I have reservations on its practicalties. Currently I use a 105mm.
    edited March 12, 2010
    latent wrote:
    Super, super, super!!!

Like Amar I am a Nikon shooter and have asked myself the same question. Equally, I have even thought of buying a Canon body to use the 65mm MPE. I have also been considering buying the Nikon 200mm F4 Micro which is well built and has many good reviews, but I have reservations on its practicalties. Currently I use a 105mm.
    Thanks for the comments :)

I would not get a long macro lens unless you have a specific requirement for a bit more working distance or really want to use the dreamy bokeh you can get with these in natural light shots. Otherwise they have nothing but disadvantages over shorter macro lenses.
    Brian v.
  • paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    Beautiful. Your control over lighting is exceptional. Maybe I have to build a contraption like yours after all....
    edited March 13, 2010
    paddler4 wrote:
    Beautiful. Your control over lighting is exceptional. Maybe I have to build a contraption like yours after all....
    Thanks for the comments.
    Brian V.
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited March 15, 2010