edited March 12, 2010 in Street and Documentary
807778961_3M3BU-XL.jpg

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Looks like his interest is on something else :D
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    I don't know how you always manage to get so close without ruining the scene.

Love how she is looking at him.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • jamaizjamaiz Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    I like this very much. It reminds me so much of warm geniality I experienced in most of the people I met in Changsha and Beijing. This makes me what to book a seat on the next available flight back. Very well done.
    No matter where you go; there you are
    Regards
    James
    www.jamespatephotography.com
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    James, there is a lot of warmness with almost everyone I meet. A quick "ni hao" or a nod of acknowledgement does wonders.
    I don't know how you always manage to get so close without ruining the scene.

Love how she is looking at him.

I like to get close, it's become addictive. I've been working with an 85mm on a FF body a lot recently and it feels like I have to be miles away to get the comp right. But, everything doesn't always go to plan.

I'll share a shot in a separate thread but keep the spoiler here. It'll look a lot more confrontational than it was and I have before and after shots where the Mom wasn't nearly so much in my face. But it was tense for a few moments.
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    I like this one showing the mother gazing lovingly at the boy while he is totally distracted and has his attention elsewhere.

Question: Was the boy crying? There is a hint of tears. If so, then it seems as if he was bawling right to the point of something capturing his attention -- then turned the crying off in an instant...