Windows

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited March 12, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Took these in Edmonds, ND. It's a very very small town. Only a handful of people live there. Not much left, but hope to head out that way again during the summer. Winter is just to hard to photograph something like this close up. Snows to deep :D

1 --

807845248_N2BhC-L.jpg

2 --

807845105_EGHXa-L.jpg

3 --

807845333_ExwEP-L.jpg

4 --

807845163_afB6D-L.jpg

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Howdy Mary,

Looks like this place has loads of potential, with a lot of neat things to

see and shoot.

These really look neat, but I think you hit the nail on the head, not close up enough for all those neat little details that will get you some super images.

All of these have really neat details in them, but without the crispness and closeness they just don't grab you right away.

I think once Spring gets here and you can get up next to those neat glass shards and details, you'll have the images you're after.

You know, some of these might just jump off the page in B&W with the Contrast and Saturation bumped up.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    The textures in #2 are off the charts!
    I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
    Website / Flickr
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Mary,

Looks like this place has loads of potential, with a lot of neat things to

see and shoot.

These really look neat, but I think you hit the nail on the head, not close up enough for all those neat little details that will get you some super images.

All of these have really neat details in them, but without the crispness and closeness they just don't grab you right away.

I think once Spring gets here and you can get up next to those neat glass shards and details, you'll have the images you're after.

You know, some of these might just jump off the page in B&W with the Contrast and Saturation bumped up.

Hi Craig --

You mentioned crispness and I checked to see if I had sharpened my photos. I forgot too headscratch.gif But your right about getting closer. It will help catch the crispness of the burnt wood, etc. much better. One problem tho...while I can get close to the building the windows are still high up. The building was built high off the ground. Now the steps are removed and there's a ladder in front of the front door to get up in there.

Thanks for taking a look Craig and commenting.
    edited March 11, 2010
    invisible wrote:
    The textures in #2 are off the charts!

Hi Federico --

Isn't that texture neat :D I talked to a person today that said this place burned a long time ago. Strange that the weather over years hasn't worn the burnt stuff off the building.

Thanks for commenting and taking a look Federico :D
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    What an intriguing place. I'm looking forward to more from you when the snow melts.
    edited March 12, 2010
    What an intriguing place. I'm looking forward to more from you when the snow melts.

Thanks Wicked_Dark for taking a look. I'll post some photos of it again when the snow is all gone :D