Hoover Dam

anvilimageanvilimage Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
edited March 12, 2010 in Landscapes
We crossed over the Hoover Dam late one night on a recent road trip to spring training in Phoenix and I grabbed this night shot. You can see the new bypass bridge being built in the background.

807946286_rPEbp-L.jpg

More info on my blog @ http://anvilimage.com/2010/03/11/hoover-dam-at-night/

-joe
Joe Ercoli
My Photo Blog - www.anvilimage.com
My Smugmug Gallery

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited March 11, 2010
  • anvilimageanvilimage Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    I remembered seeing your shot before with the sparks from the welder and you inspired me to make this stop on my trip. Thanks!
    Joe Ercoli
    My Smugmug Gallery
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    Another beautiful shot. I love Hoover Dam, and I think the new bridge is a magnificent design; I hope to get back there again in the next couple of years.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • anvilimageanvilimage Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    I had never been there before and was amazed by everything, but some of friends had been there and taken the tour. One of my buddies in particular was really impressed with the construction of the bridge.

If you follow the road to the right, there is a switchback right near the base of the arch. The scale of the bridge may be a little lost in this pic, but I stopped the car for a few seconds to gaze up at the work going on. While not as much of feat as the dam itself, the bridge was mighty impressive.

I hope to get back again, too, and take the dam tour...
    Joe Ercoli
    My Smugmug Gallery
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited March 12, 2010
    anvilimage wrote:
    I remembered seeing your shot before with the sparks from the welder and you inspired me to make this stop on my trip. Thanks!

Oh, cool. Thanks! thumb.gif

You really did a great job on this shot, btw. Admirable job on preserving the highlights. Love the stars as well.