Fire

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited March 12, 2010 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    Did you shoot the second one through a car window? It's got reflections all over the upper half; I can clearly see trees above the left truck, and I can even read a sign that's reflected above the right fire truck "ING 8:00-4:00". Most of the firefighters weren't looking at you when you snapped, either; my guess is that they were posing for another photog and you snapped the shot in between his frames, from off-center, which is why the left side is cut off and the trucks are not centered.

It's an okay pic, but it would have been much better if you had shot over the other photog's shoulder, and done something to avoid the reflections.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 12, 2010
    I like the composition of #1. If it were mine, I would open up the shadows of the building on the right just a bit.
  • jamaizjamaiz Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    I like taking shots through glass. I got one here of with the reflection of a car climbing a wall.
    No matter where you go; there you are
    Regards
    James
    www.jamespatephotography.com
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    WillCAD wrote:
    Did you shoot the second one through a car window? It's got reflections all over the upper half; I can clearly see trees above the left truck, and I can even read a sign that's reflected above the right fire truck "ING 8:00-4:00". Most of the firefighters weren't looking at you when you snapped, either; my guess is that they were posing for another photog and you snapped the shot in between his frames, from off-center, which is why the left side is cut off and the trucks are not centered.

It's an okay pic, but it would have been much better if you had shot over the other photog's shoulder, and done something to avoid the reflections.

Well if I'd of done all the above it would be a posed shot and in a diff forum. This is
    truly a street shot and one I came upon while traveling to work. :D
    edited March 12, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    I like the composition of #1. If it were mine, I would open up the shadows of the building on the right just a bit.

Yeah I liked that comp as well.
    I'll take another look at opening it up some, thanks :D
    edited March 12, 2010
    jamaiz wrote:
    I like taking shots through glass. I got one here of with the reflection of a car climbing a wall.

I would like to of rolled down the window, but honestly no time for that at 40mph !
    I mean how many times you gonna see a line up like that, colorful and all.
    No way was I gonna pass on trying a shot :D