A tree and its shadow.

DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
edited March 13, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
808420600_9jcgK-L.jpg

C&C welcome,

Don
Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook

Comments

• StaystillStaystill Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    I see what you were going for here and if one is to focus on that it's cool. If the background had been complete from edge to edge it might have worked better. Well seen though :)
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams

My Photoblog: Mind Tap media
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    Staystill wrote:
    I see what you were going for here and if one is to focus on that it's cool. If the background had been complete from edge to edge it might have worked better. Well seen though :)
    Thanks for looking.

Yeah its not an ideal version of such a shot. But I thought it was worth sharing, anyhow. Maybe someone will spot a better version to shoot.

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    808798622_qPP2o-L.jpg

A somewhat broader view. THe first is cropped in camera. The second only ground from the bottom.

Don
  • StaystillStaystill Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2010
    I would love to throw a forty foot white BG and shoot that:D I totally see what you saw. Second shot is better for me as I can see the tree more complete which somehow lets me focus on the shadow, more of the building seems to feed into that concept also.
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams

My Photoblog: Mind Tap media